6.4 Front main seal leaking YET AGIN!!! - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JUST GOT BACK FROM THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A GIMMIC OR THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO COVER THIER ASSES SO I WONT HAVE THE LEMON LAW ON MY SIDE. SO BASICALLY THEY SAID THAT THE 1ST 2 TIMES IT WAS THE FRONT MAIN (CRANK) SEAL.
BUT! THIS TIME ITS THE FRONT "CAM" SEAL AND BOTH VALVE COVER SEALS!!!

THEY PUT ME IN A FORD FOCUS TIL THE TRUCK IS FIXED. ALSO THEY'LL BE PUTTING IN A NEW DRIVER SIDE FRONT AND REAR WINDOW REGULATORS.

I'M STARTING TO HATE KNOWING MY WARRANTY IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE SOON -__-

AND THE SERVICE WRITER SAYS THAT THESE PROBLEMS ARE COMMON, AND I HAVE ONE OF THE BETTER TRUCKS HE'S SEEN

I TALKED TO THE SERVICE MANAGER AND HE SAID THE SURPRISINGLY THE 6.7's ARE ONLY COMING IN FOR OIL CHANGES! THEY'VE HAD ONLY 1 COME IN WITH A SOFTWARE UPDATE ISSUE. I NEED TO POLISH UP THIS BABY AND GET HER OFF MY HANDS. EVEN THOUGH SHE ONLY SAW 25K MILES THROUGH ME; MAYBE SHE'LL MAKE SOMEBODY ELSE HAPPIER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlissCustoms View Post
I'M STARTING TO HATE KNOWING MY WARRANTY IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE SOON
Call CUSTOMER CARE and let them know your concerns with the truck and the known issues these trucks have. Then hit them up for an extended warranty on their dime. Main things to tell them is the amount of times that the truck has been in for repairs, You HIGHLY depend on your truck, bought new so you wouldn't have these problems, etc....
Calling Customer Care up everytime your truck goes in and expressing your concerns with the truck should net you at least an extended warranty.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycleman View Post
Call CUSTOMER CARE and let them know your concerns with the truck and the known issues these trucks have. Then hit them up for an extended warranty on their dime. Main things to tell them is the amount of times that the truck has been in for repairs, You HIGHLY depend on your truck, bought new so you wouldn't have these problems, etc....
Calling Customer Care up everytime your truck goes in and expressing your concerns with the truck should net you at least an extended warranty.
I SHALL TRY, SOUNDS LIKE AN IDEA!!!

DID YOU BUY YOUR 450 AS A CAB CHASSIS OR A DUALLY? THERES A 450 DUALLY LOCALLY ITS A 4X4, LARIAT, ALL BELLS AND WHISTLES HAS 32K MILES, ALL SERVICE RECORDS (SURPRISINGLY NOT EVEN 1/4 OF THE ISSUES IVE BEEN HAVING) HE'S TRYING TO PART AWAY FOR $38K.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
I SHALL TRY, SOUNDS LIKE AN IDEA!!!

DID YOU BUY YOUR 450 AS A CAB CHASSIS OR A DUALLY? THERES A 450 DUALLY LOCALLY ITS A 4X4, LARIAT, ALL BELLS AND WHISTLES HAS 32K MILES, ALL SERVICE RECORDS (SURPRISINGLY NOT EVEN 1/4 OF THE ISSUES IVE BEEN HAVING) HE'S TRYING TO PART AWAY FOR $38K.
Bought it with the dually. 4x2/50,000/basic(vinyl seats, crank windows) and I'm trying to sell it also for $33,000.00. Not looking good considering Ford is giving away their trucks now.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'D REALLY LIKE TO GET MY HANDS ON A 6.7! FORD JUST RELEASED THE JOB II SPECS AT 400HP & 800 FT LB TORQUE WITH 20% BETTER FUEL ECONOMY THAN OUR 6.4s!!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.4L problems

TrueBlissCustoms,

I realize that this may be a hassle for some folks but it's also a good practice to document every communication (verbal or otherwise) you have with the dealership and Customer Care. I had a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was replaced under West Virginia's Lemon Law and my documentation of each conversation (names, dates and topics of discussion) along with the shop work orders made my case too hard for Jeep to deny.

I truly hope your situation works out to your benefit. I bought a new '10 F350 and I've just returned from a 2300 mile trip with no problems. Reading all of the 6.4L posts on Powerstroke.org only makes me more vigilant regarding care/maintenance issues.

Again, I hope your situation works out for the good.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks, I pretty much have everything documented. From the previous experiences. The actual Service Manager had written a letter to myself and my brother apologizing for the Inconvenience of having the truck out for 2 weeks the 1st time we had the issue. I really wish I didnt have so many problems. I love my truck too much. I've had every service record from the 1st oil change to today.
I own a shop, so i know documentation is the key to any court case, basically im used to making sure my *** is covered if **** hits the fan! lolll
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycleman View Post
Bought it with the dually. 4x2/50,000/basic(vinyl seats, crank windows) and I'm trying to sell it also for $33,000.00. Not looking good considering Ford is giving away their trucks now.
Yeah, no joke, I bought my '10 f250 CC SB FX4 w/ everything but leather and climate control for 35 brand new. They had enough rebates and advertised deals to bring it down to 38 right off the bat, then I had them shave a little more off.
I'm really anal about maintenance, I will probably do oil and fuel filters every 5k and I'm going to take care of the DPF situation. Hope mine doesn't start leaking like the valdez too...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
I own a shop, so i know documentation is the key to any court case, basically im used to making sure my *** is covered if **** hits the fan! lolll
Because I didn't do that with a trailer I had worked on, I do not have documentation on each visit that now resulted into HIS WORD VS. MY WORD.
Trailer is junk today, not even a year later and I can't do anything about it because I didn't document every little visit properly. If documented, I'd be smiling about the amount of money I could get out of the shop.
Advice to all, document every visit, even if it's for the most basic reason.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

SO I PICKED UP THE TRUCK EARLIER TODAY, HOW I HATE FORD SERVICE DEPARTMENTS!
MY TRUCK WAS HANDED TO ME WITH MOTOR OIL, TRANSMISSION OIL AND COOLANT DRIPPING FROM MY BUMPER, AND THE BOTTOM OF THE TRUCK. WHEN I ASKED THEM WHY THE HELL THEY HADNT WASHED IT, THEY SAID "CALIFORNIA IS UNDER A HEAVY WATER CONSERVATION" ......... SO I ASKED FOR THE SERVICE MANAGER, WHO TOLD ME "HOW DO I KNOW YOU DIDNT BRING US THE TRUCK WITH OIL DRIPPING FROM IT, WHY SHOULD MY GUYS SPEND VALUABLE TIME CLEANING YOUR MESS".... MY RESPONSE WAS "YOU DUMB *******, IF IT WEREN'T DRIPPING OIL, IT WOULDN'T BE HERE! YOUR THE IDIIOT THATS SUPPOSED TO FIX THE DAMN THING!"
SO RIGHT THERE @ THE DEALERSHIP I TOOK PHOTOS OF THE TRUCK AND THE SERVICE MANAGERS FACE, CAME BACK TO THE SHOP AND WROTE CUSTOMER CARE A NASTY LETTER. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE ****TY SERVICE WE GET FROM OUR FORD DEALERSHIPS HERE IN CALI !!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.