2008 F450 4x4 6.4L Bedplate Leak and Fuel pump - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 F450 4x4 6.4L Bedplate Leak and Fuel pump

I am new to the forum.
I have owned several Fords over the years all gas motors, with no problems.
So in May I bought a used F450 4x4, loaded, 35k miles, very clean truck, etc. with ext. warranty (lucky). From a local Ford dealer here in washington state.

About 2 weeks ago I notice oil leaking from the rear of engine. So I just get in the truck drive it down to the dealer and told them to fix it. They said it would be a 5 day fix. Bedplate was leaking, the motor has to taken out of the truck.

Cab off job, then Ford dealer calls today, says we need truck through middle of next week. And I was thinking oh S*** the rods, pistons,or something major is wrong. The serivce manager says that your fuel pump is going out, You have a lot of suet build up in the intake and a lot of suet build up off your exhaust tips. I never even noticed a problem with power of mtr or fuel pump problem.Then he said to me that we need to tear down part of the eng to get to it, replace it and you will be good to go.

I am so glad they found the problem. I am sure this is costing Ford a pretty penny. I am just concerned about future use with this truck. I just bought it 2 months ago. I will always keep it serviced at this dealer oil, fuel filter etc.

Is there anything I should keep an eye on now that this has happened? thoughts?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Premium Member

Bedplate seal on my 05 was leaking too back towards the middle of March. Slide it in under the factory 5/100000 warranty. Dealer pulled the engine out instead of removing the cab. Had my truck for almost a week.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2008 6.4 oil leak

ok just bought a slightly used 2008 f-250 king ranch while washing and waxing i slide under truck and found a shock leaking,oil drain plug leaking and leaks from under the oil cover,and back by rear main seal, ok now im feeling great about buying a truck with 18000 miles ,i never owned a diesel before my 2000 f-250 never leaked a drop--- am i in for nothing but troubles and any comments i can give to dealer to ensure a one time fix would be appreciated
Old 11-21-2010, 09:15 AM

I purchase my truck in 9-7-2007, 08 F250 SD 4x4 ....I bought all of the ext/warranties. I have recouped all my money....granted I have had issues, my truck is stock and I keep it serviced. I would tell everyone that ownes one to keep real good service records and keep the truck stock. At this time I have 135K miles on my truck and have warranty coverage ..the 21 major engine componet warranty, at 117k miles the HPFP was replaced at no cost to me, on this repair Ford did send in a rep...to check the truck out before work was done.....
Old 11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah the extended service plan (ESP) contract is much harder to get warranty work through. they constantly pound us for maintenance records then send out inspectors to look over the vehicle. i've had more than one injector claim denied from lack of recorded maintenance. they really should tell you that in the contract
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.