Anyone know if Ford buys back their vehicles? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone know if Ford buys back their vehicles?

Beside the Lemon law, has anyone heard of Ford buying back their vehicles if it's justified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There is one guy on here that got them to buy his back, but I believe it was a very long and painful process........
I'll be first to ask, whats up?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcarmelfarm View Post
There is one guy on here that got them to buy his back, but I believe it was a very long and painful process........
I'll be first to ask, whats up?
short story: truck isn't really made for what I'm using it for because of the DPF and the engineering around it. Fuel Mileage and stop & go driving. You ask "then why did you buy it?" I bought it in 07', not knowing any of this crap about it. You say "suck it up, you bought, deal with it." I feel that it hasn't performed in-terms of relability and financially it could ruin me.

I know a lot of members here use their diesel for hauling but what I use it for is a business and I can't afford to be down.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 AM

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt you will convince Ford....... THey warrant trucks against defects, not compatability. Not being smart, just my opinion on the situation.
If the truck isnt broke why not just try and sell it?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcarmelfarm View Post
If the truck isnt broke why not just try and sell it?
Trying to but "known" issues with this truck and what I need get price-wise is a bit of a stretch.

I hear ya, Ford will just continue to fix the truck before they buy it back but geez, this is no 7.3. I have a 7.3 and it does the same work with 250,000 miles on it and I haven't touched the thing besides tranny and injectors.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:26 AM

I can't complain, i'm the opposite of most. Since I am no mechanic I have to pay to have mine worked on after warranty. I had a 2003 Lariat Dually with a 7.3, it about broke me! Traded for my 05 6.0 and had to do some work on injectors when I first got it, but I have worked its azz off since and it is nothing but a BEAST! Both trucks were/are stock and the 6.0 has alot more power and runs like a scalded dog!
I'm sorry you are having trouble, but I'd say getting Ford to buy back a truck over 1 year old will be near impossible........
Put the truck all over the internet and see what you can get.
Good luck!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 PM

recycleman...One word, Spartan. Do some research, and see what you think. I think a lot of people have the same problems you have, I know I did. I fixed all of my problems for less than 2k and an hour and a half of turning wrenches.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Bear in mind that removal of the emissions controls is a violation of federal law. (Yes, it is awesome, without that **** on it...)

OP: At the same time, what are these "Known Problems" you speak of?

Every vehicle has "known problems" but you need to research stuff before you buy it, if your only complaint is regarding the emissions control devices. I'm not trying to be a dink, but what is your concern with the reliability of the truck?

Sounds to me like you don't LIKE it, more than anything. This is only my opinion and I might be wrong, but I can almost guarantee you that you will NEVER get Ford to buy this truck back based on your complaints. You have to show a concern with the vehicle that has been attempted to be repaired several times without success before you can even consider it being bought back.

Personally? I'd sell it. Or trade it to a guy with a truck you DO like.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 AM

I am dealing with the same issue. I am banker by day and I drive my truck 16 miles one way to work and 16 miles back home each day. It goes into re-gen every 50 to 60 miles becasue it doesn't get a full cycle very often. 8 of the miles are city and 8 are interstate. On weekends I use the truck for a side lawn service I have and again it is short trips. I think it is Fords problem and they need to come up with a upgraded design to fit on these trucks and then give it to us. If the salesman would have told me the truck is no good unless you want to run at least 40 miles on the highway every time you start the engine I would not have bought it. I will say the ford dealer is trying but the bottom line is they have no solution.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Angry Hillbilly View Post
OP: At the same time, what are these "Known Problems" you speak of?
-fuel mileage
-radiator
-dpf and all the crap that goes with.
-sensors
-recalls

I bought this truck brand new and there was no way to do research on it. I'm getting told by the service techs/manager that this truck was never meant to be used the way I am using it. The game has changed with what the EPA has imposed onto us, which is unfortunate. All of the users on this board that use the truck to just go back and forth to work or go fishing on the weekends "should" get good use out of the truck. I use it for business and have had it in and out of service the past 6 months multiple times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.