EGT 13, when it's open circuit, the sensor is bad, unplugged, not installed in your delete kit, what have you causes the truck to enter the following strategy:
- PCM Power output limited.
- A "Pull Over Safely and Shut Vehicle Off" message may display in your instrument cluster.
- A 1-hour no-crank condition.
If you suspect this is your issue, and you're stranded, try the following.
- Vehicle in PARK
- Parking brake SET
- Key in the ON position
- Open hood
- Near the RH battery, there is a single wire disconnect. It is attached to the battery box. Remove it from the battery box and disconnect it.
- Touch the end headed towards the starter to the POSITIVE terminal of the battery.
The truck should start. Reconnect the wire, close the hood, and check for codes. You will likely have a code for EGT-13 open circuit, over temp, out of range.
USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS INDEED EXPERIENCING AN OVER TEMPERATURE CONDITION THERE IS RISK OF VEHICLE DAMAGE AND POSSIBLE FIRE OR TOTAL LOSS OF VEHICLE. THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED WITHIN. USE THE AFOREMENTIONED INFORMATION PROVIDED AT YOUR OWN RISK TO SELF, VEHICLE, AND PROPERTY.
Hope this is of some help to folks on here. I have seen two or three posts in the last 3 or 4 days regarding this, and helped a stranded member out over the phone with this same problem.
Hope this post is useful to some, if not, most.