6.4 ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 6.4 ?

Hopefully i will be getting my 2010 next week and i was having a few questions? how will i know what build number it is? What are some of the things i should watch out for on these trucks? What is the fuel economy? Is the motor better than the 6.0? Im just wanting to pick the brains of some of you guys that have one and find out as much info that i can. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you need to look at the vin number which will tell you where and when the truck and engine were built. I have an 08 that was manufactured late in 08 which was supposed to be after they fixed the bugs. I get average 10.6 mpg but about 16.5 highway flat and empty. the truck is great except for the fuel system. the 6.0 had issues as well but i think it was a better motor especially the last builds. Ford voided my warranty when I did not change my fuel filter every 12,000 miles and diesel fuel got into my engine. make sure you have only the dealer service your truck while under any kind of warranty and change the fuel filters every time you change your oil. you also must drain your filters of water every month or warranty void. but ford will not warranty any fuel related problem anyway. never tell the dealer you have ever towed with your truck, or driven in any manner which will put you in the severe service bracket. oh, and ford also goes by either engine hours or odomoter whicher shows greater mileage for warranty purposes.

Last edited by Captain Kirk; 06-24-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot to answer your questions.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the updated service interval......Fuel Filters at 10,000 and oil at 7500. I do oil at 5 to be safe. Also I save receipts, use only Motorcraft parts, and most importantly I created a profile on Fordvehicles.com under the owners section for my truck. Whenever my truck is seen at the dealer it automatically posts that service there. In addition, every service I do (all of the filters and such) I post in this profile aswell, it is saved for access by you or the dealer, or anyone you chose to let see it( like if you decided to sell). This, according to Ford Customer service, provids the proper documentation for any and all warrantied items related to the Fuel System and crankcase. They advise all to register on their site and track their service this way as it is Ford's service site.

Here is the link.
Official Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Owner Site | Personalized Owner Information | FLMowner.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.