Check Engine Light! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 05:53 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Check Engine Light!

Ok, well this weekend my AFE intake came in for my 08 350. I put it on with no problem and went driving around still no problem. Went out for the night and then on the way home, about 50 miles on the intake, the check engine light came on. I get home check everything, check connections, check the mass air flow senor all is fine and the dash even says air filter ok. So the next morning I go to autozone for them to check it and a code of P2025 I think it is, but it says bank 1 exhaust regen. sensor. Then my thought was it was the Lucas I ran in the truck when I filled up last week, so I drove around till E and filled up with out the Lucas and then about 30 miles later it went off! I thought I was in the clear, well on the way into work this morning it came on again ! has anyone ran into this problem before and can help me out before I call the dealer or AFE and start with the headaches, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 06:26 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I'd take that monster back to the dealer. The '08 trucks have way too many sensors in 'em for me. It's prolly a bad sensor or a loose connection. Have the dealer look at it. (Make sure they have a DIESEL Tech look into it!)
Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Let's Run'em

Here is a stupid question, should I risk taking it back with the intake on or should I put the stock one back on there?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

First off sounds like you have yourself a nice truck.

I would return your truck back to stock. Reset your code and see what it does.

AFE make the very best intakes bar-none, but alot of problems came with the development of there stage 2 intake for the 6.0. The sensor was relocated too close to the air intake and would through a code. It is very possible there might be the same thing with the 6.4. If you reset it and return it back to stock and everything works out I would then contact AFE, and maybe they have a fix for you.

They ended up developing a new system for the 6.0 and also had a relocation tube for the current product that went to market.

I also wouldn't be adding the Lucas to your fuel in your 6.4
Old 05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Let's Run'em

Alright I think I'm in the clear, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. On my way home from work wouldn't you know it my check engine light went off again. So once I got home I decided that since the light likes to come on and off in 25 to 30 mile intervals I was going to drive 60 miles city and highway just to make sure, well I'm pleased to say that 60 mile later last night and another 20 this morning my light is still off !!! I guess the truck either had to just learn the new intake or I finally got all that Lucas out. Either way its off, thanks for the help guys

:burnout
Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Warrany voided?

Unfortunately you may have voided your Ford Warranty. According to everything I have read and heard any aftermarket additions or changes such as you made will void the warrany on an 08 6.4. The error code is supposed to be permanently in your trucks computer. I wish you luck and hopefully you have not voided your warranty. Please let us all know the results after going to your Ford Dealer.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzrider View Post
Unfortunately you may have voided your Ford Warranty. According to everything I have read and heard any aftermarket additions or changes such as you made will void the warrany on an 08 6.4. The error code is supposed to be permanently in your trucks computer. I wish you luck and hopefully you have not voided your warranty. Please let us all know the results after going to your Ford Dealer.
Unfortunately for you, you cant read. All the paperwork says that if an after market item caused a failure then Ford wont fix it. Just because someone puts an aftermarket intake doesnt mean Ford can just void the warranty. OOOPPS Im in the 6.4 chat room again
Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
cept for the can't read part... lol

there are laws that state they can't void a warranty unless they can PROVE the part DIRECTLY caused the malfunction..

that said, I think the intake was the least of TT's worries..

oh, and also Julian, I've heard/read that you don't want to be adding anything at all to the fuel of the 6.4's...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 PM

This thread is 2+ months old. I think the gutted cat and DPF are slightly bigger challenges now...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:58 AM
Let's Run'em

Yeah thanks guys, I only ran 2 tanks of the Lucas stuff and won't ever run it again....it took almost 5 tanks to get all that crap out, I got the intake problem fixed with aFe and well it was running fine......... until..........well you know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.