P120f Trouble code and Battery Drain Need Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mastat150
P120f Trouble code and Battery Drain Need Help

I have a 2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 with a 6.4.
The problem I am having is a battery drain. It dies over night. I was having this problem before, and we put new batteries in it seemed to be fine, now about three weeks later it is doing it again. I checked all the connections and everything is tight. I also disconnected my stereo system thinking that could be it, but it still dies over night. The only thing I did different with this new set of batteries is installed a edge juice module with attitude.But it did this before I put that on with the first set of batteries. I was trying to get away with taking that off because I don't feel that has anything to do with the problem. The only things I notice is the The + terminal on the driver side had a bunch of corosion which we cleaned of and it still died. I also noticed that with the original batteries the same terminal was real corroded. I tried to see if something was wrong the that cable but everthing is so tight and I cant see anything. When the batteries were changed out the shop told me the one had dead cells but I never asked which one because i thought all my problems were fixed... I was wrong. The other thing I noticed was when my friend shut the door today the lights flickered. (maybe something loose? I don't see anything) I'm really did not want take this to ford because its now out of powertrain warranty since I have like 62000 miles. So if anyone can help me I'd super appreciate it!!! I have an appointment at ford on thursday which I am not looking forward to I am also getting a p120f trouble code every once in a while that I am pulling up on my programmer the truck. The truck seems to go into almost a limp mode but if i shut the truck off and restart it it usually goes away. It is P120f which is fuel pressure excessive variation, from what I understand it is realated to the high pressure fuel pump, which the service guy at the dealer said is a $3700 fix since the cab has to come off. I did not have this problem until I put the edge tuner on the truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.