After PCM update - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After PCM update

I have an 08 F-250 4X4 6.4....I've had it at the dealer 4 times. Got the radiator and fuel bracket recall...problem is with the PCM reprogram. After the first one, truck was in almost constant regen. Turbo boost fluctuating 20 to 5 back to 20 around 35-40 MPH. Fuel mileage sucked...it never showed ANY kind of message in the DIC. Took it back...they said the MAF sensor had oil on it and reflashed it again. Truck went into regen the next day and has had the same symptoms as before (won't hold turbo boost, high idle, HOT exhaust after shut down, poor MPG) and it STILL does not tell me anything in the DIC about regen....anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

How do you know it went into regen with no display? The latest flash apparently only allows the cleaning message to pop up for a short time then disappears. Any smoke or power loss?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm "assuming" it's regen....it has all the regen symptoms....turbo won't maintain boost above 20...constantly boosts up the down even when climbing hills with steady accelarator pressure. High idle, popping hot exhaust on shutdown with the "burning" smell that usually accompanies regen. Poor mileage. The truck seems to have way more valve clatter than it used to, like it's running on all motor with no boost. (Does that make sense?) The dealer said the message is supposed to appear when in regen and then tell you when complete with this PCM program, but I've never seen nada....it's really starting to be irratating. Especially the constant up and down turbo "burps"....if it's not that, then I'll have to have them diagnose it again. Personally, I can't wait until the warranty is up so I can strip all that crap off and reprogram myself. I have heard there's been some first stage turbo issues with these, but I don't think that's it.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm in the same boat. I haven't seen the message since I had the EGR valve replaced and they re-flashed it. I've been looking for the message for 400 miles, not that I'm complaining if it doesn't regen.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Powerstroke Techie

cycle through the system check if you suspect it is in regeneration. It will tell you in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.