6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-29-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry No Power? Please help!

For the second time in the last couple days, my truck has had a total loss of power. My wife and I went to a restaurant at lunch today with no problems on the way however, on the way home I had a total loss of power. Both times this has happened it limits me to about 3200 rpm, 10 - 20 lbs. boost, 30 - 45 mph all of these are with it floor boarded (feathered in, not punched). If I stop, put the truck in park and turn the ignition off and restart it everything goes back to normal. Today when it did it, I was close to the Ford shop so I stopped in and got the mechanic to ride with me (since they can never get a problem you describe to replicate itself when they have it). He seemed to think it is a fuel issue, asking me how long it had been since I changed the filters and said several trucks in the shop now had bad diesel. I personally don't see these being the issue since the problem goes away when I reset the ignition. Sounds more like an electronic/computer problem to me. They said they would not be able to get to it until Monday, so I am going to take it in then unless you guys can tell me what it is. The truck is still stock for now, with the exception of an airaid air filter which has been checked clean. Thanks in advance for any help...................ew

'08 6.4L PSD CC 4X4
Spartan DashDaq-XL (275 & 310 tune), Flo-Pro 4" DP Back, S&B CAI, Flo Pro EGR delete w/intake elbow, Bullet Proof Diesel half kit oil cooler, Mishimoto Radiator

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine did the same thing and it was an exhaust temp sensor that faulted to 1500 and derated the engine.

97' F-250 extended cab 5-spd, 4" AFE exhaust, Tymar cold air intake, guages, Modified IDM, Stage 2 injectors, Complete fuel system, TS 6 pos. chip, Southbend Con OFE clutch, D66 turbo - Gone

08' F-250 CCSB, Spartan 275 tuned, exhaust, S&B CAI - Gone (miss it)

2007 -duramax (who cares)- Gone!

2002 -F-350 CCLB - Gone

2013 - F350 CCSB 6.7 Here!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-23-2010, 08:42 AM

Plugged exhaust system, or egr. check both first.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

mine was doing that when my filters were messed up, Its worth a check. how many miles? make sure to drain the water seperator.

2008 F350 6.4 4x4 dually 30 miles CATV Bucket Truck 4.10 gears. Automatic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode