Diagnose this! ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diagnose this! ?

Ok, against my better judgement, I bought a Ford. I had never had good luck, but the price was right. 2008 F 350 So, since then I have had some computer/circuit board problems. I thought I would post and see if anyone out there has had the same.

These problems occur randomly and usually fix themselves as soon as i turn my truck off and restart.
1. automatic lights stopped working, switched the switch to on and they work, get to where i am going and turn truck off and on, and they work.
2. radio turned itself off, just driving down the road, just reached over and turned it on
3. folding mirrors, folded in and wouldnt fold back out. turned the truck off and on and they worked.
4. once, i reached to turn the radio down on my steering wheel and no matter what i pushed the radio got louder. turned the truck off and on, and problem fixed.
5. finally yesterday, driving home and went to set the cruise, and no cruise, figured it was just another glitch, and then noticed that my secondary turbo wasnt kicking in, I couldnt have passed anything or towed anything, went to pick up son and turned truck off, thinking it would fix itself and turned back on, and same problem, boost wouldnt work and so I took it home waited till morning to call service dept and voila, everything worked again, at least this time I have an engine code. I think the code will only tell something about the boost and not electrical/computer problem.

Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Sounds like you have several different problems.

There are many different multi-function modules in your truck, and they ALL may have codes in them after a series of events like this.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM
shaking things up

take it in and have ford look at it that is odd but here is a for ya and
Old 01-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Maybe there are multiple problems, but it is unusual that multiple problems can all be fixed with the same solution. Turning off and on. I am finally fed up. I have taken it in, and always the same result. They tell me to bring it back when it is messing up. The problem is that when it messes up, i am working or in mexico or who knows where. They will either fix it this time, or I will bring it in every time it happens, and will keep all of my work orders, until the attorneys feel they have an adequate case, then I will sue everyone. I have never ever been this angry. $55k truck that I cant trust my family to be alone in>? I know you ford guys are dedicated, but I have had more trouble with this truck than I have had with 3 chevrolets and one toyota COMBINED and all in the period of 1 year. Once i get rid of this garbage, I will never go back... Ok I feel better. Thank you guys though for helping me... I appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

So one lemon in the bunch of the best selling truck on the market and they are all junk?
For every story I hear like this there are a ton involving Chevy, Dodge, and those worthless imports.
I say good riddance.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svredhand View Post
I know you ford guys are dedicated, but I have had more trouble with this truck than I have had with 3 chevrolets and one toyota COMBINED and all in the period of 1 year. Once i get rid of this garbage, I will never go back... Ok I feel better. Thank you guys though for helping me.

Against my better judgement I'll give you 50 bucks (the value of 3 chevrolets) and a 1997 toyota camry with low miles for that piece of garbage
Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes, loyal you guys are... can you honestly tell me that you believe there have been this many problems with other trucks? Especially diesels? Come on. Before I bought this truck I had people telling me that ford has gone to the dogs but I thought the same thing.... those are just a few instances. Well since I bought this truck and started trying to figure out my problem, I have seen post after post of people having the same bad luck. And before someone tells me, " you are searching for problems" I KNOW! I am just telling you my experience. Oh, I forgot to mention the only two people I know in this world who have ever had anything taken back under the lemon laws were two ford owners. Again, just my experience. If you dont believe me, go google these words. "lemon law truck" see what you come up with!

When this truck is running it is absolutely PERFECT. I bought it because I love the power, I love the looks, I love everything about it. The problem is that I paid top dollar for this truck and cant depend on it.

And for the good riddance comment. I could give a %&** what you think CHUMP!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Funny SSRA! If they dont fix it, I might take you up on the 50 bucks. But you can keep the toyota, I dont know what I was thinking when I bought that truck. I shoulda kicked my own A%*. Temporary gliche in my own computer I guess. That is the only foreign item that I have purchased ( when I had a choice).
Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM
shaking things up

for the record the only reason you see more ford trucks pop up in lemon law searches is because ford sold more trucks than dodge and chevy combined so there for twice as many trucks equals the chance for twice as many problems i am sorry your truck is letting you down but hope that ford can fix it for ya. you will love this truck as soon as they figure the problem out
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That may be true jethro... I guess, I am just plain out mad. i am reading many many posts on this site, even one in which you replied talking about for not warranting injectors etc cause the guy changed filters at 15k instead of 10 k, when the manual says 20k ? Am i the only one reading post after post like this? It is crazy! But it must just be me!
To get it straight, I love this truck and wish I could depend on it. You should have seen me sweating bullets deep into tijuana coming back from the baja 1000. I seriously thought that if I broke down we were dead and my race buggy was history... you see the mexicans dont recognize texas concealed carry permits!
I guess I am just mad at me, many told me get on older ford or wait till the bugs were out of these, and this combined with all of the problems I had with the first ford, has sent me over the edge. I have a great dealership and I am sure that they will keep working with me, but I use my truck and it does squat for me while it is sitting in the dealership!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.