Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Check out this truck for me

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  zsargent 
#1 ·
Ok guys got rid of my 06 6.0 and im looking at a bulletproofed 6.4l
2008,king ranch,180k miles
Problem is in one pic he sent me of motor, the egr valve is blocked, and beside it the hose is missing is this normal?

Also he has amp running boards installed and he says they make his "door ajar" light stay on while door is shut is this easy fixable? I was thinking of splicing into the door open light circuit to fix the problem

Last but not least, he says he's battery light is on but he has new batteries, and a rebuilt alt, if we go together to test before i buy the truck and the batteries are good and the alt too, how much trouble am i gonna have into making the battery light disappear?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That aint bulletproofed... and you cannot trust the work IMO.

Are they real amp boards? the fake ones have a lot of those issues, the real ones shouldnt cause an issue IMO.

As for the battery light, my advice is to put a monitor on it because it sounds like he isnt being totally honest with you.

#7 ·
These 6.4s have lots of power when tuned and deleted. Much more then any other platform. Because of that they also get beat on pretty heavily and add to that these are maintenance queens it is usually better to find a virgin 6.4 and delete and tune it yourself so you know the tuned history. Either way, get it checked out by a shop that KNOWS these and pay to have them do a pre-buy inspection. There are tons of common issues with these besides needing to be deleted, and can be money pits if you get screwed with a abused one.

#10 ·
I just don't understand how people sell trucks/cars etc. and they don't take the time to clean the engine bay......

#18 ·
I have no leaks. Proud to say that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.