Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Egt temps

4K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  sal1902 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 f350. 80 hp tune and k'n filter. Dpf installed. I've been monitoring egt temps,ect,eot,boost and Rpms on a infinity mini gauge. Yesterday on my drive home I noticed the egt temp bank 1 sensor 3 spike to about 900 I also noticed the boost go into negative at idle. No codes yet. Bank one sensor 1, 459 sensor 2, 752 sensor 3, 1045. Temps. I've. Been seeing nothing higher than 600 degree temps on bank 1 sensor 3 should I be concerned. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
How long have you been watching this? Probably just going into regen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Yep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I agree with what others are saying. One more thing to look at. Check the temps, if you can, while off for a few hours or the next day. If that sensor is WAY higher than the others, replace it. It's on the way out... just my .02 because that happened to me and I thought I had a two day long regen. [emoji848] turned out to be a bad sensor (gone now though!!)

#11 ·
EGT11 is pre doc, 12 is post doc/pre dpf and 13 is post dpf, I believe. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
Those temps look ok to me but then again I don't have sensor 13 anymore.
Prior to losing sensor 13, I had a very high temp when the truck was off for 8 hours on a sensor. Do a KOEO (key on, engine off) check of the temps. All three should be at ambient temp or close. If one is different, and I mean waaayyy different, replace it.
But, all seems ok to me. Normal Regen temps.

#14 ·
IMO, that's too short a drive for a good regen to complete. Once it starts a regen, don't you see "cleaning exhaust filter" on your dash above to gear selection?

#17 ·
How many miles? Ever had to change a sensor yet? If this were my truck, I think I would change egt12/13 for new ones. Seems to me those should be closer in temp to egt11. By chance, did you program the PIDs wrong or is this pre-written for the device?
To be sure they are reading the correct sensor, you can KOEO and unplug the sensor after the DPF and see if EGT13 spikes to 1400* (I think). Then do the same for egt12. That will say the programming is correct or not.

#18 ·
I would give it it diet......

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: GOTHIPS350
#25 ·
Do a dpf and egr delete it will fix your problems now and save you money down the road, not to mention better fuel economy and more power.

#26 ·
I actually did that. I had a dpf delete on and purchased a old race version livewire with the delete options for egr and dpf. Problem was the tuner wouldn't work with the Strategy on my computer because it's later 2010 built in nov. so I couldn't use the preloaded tunes and I couldn't find a tuner to write me a tune with dpf delete.

#28 ·
Well that sucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.