Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Can't pump diesel...shuts off like full 2009 Lariat

767 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  randyo156 
#1 ·
I have some questions on this issue. I can't pump diesel and need to let it just fill VERY VERY slowly. I was just on a camping trip and I carried 5 gal of spare fuel. Did not use on trip so poured in when back at home. Don't think I tried to fill tank again until now. Tried two different stations just in case.

1. I thought maybe I broke something off the spout or something on diesel can? I don't remember if my filler tube had a dust cover or not but does not now? I removed the filler tube and overflow yesterday at fender and rubber tube at tank... both tubes clear.

2. I inserted my parts pickup tool into the rubber hose on tank... goes about 12-14 inches and stops. Not sure if an obstruction or anti siphon screen... or both? Can not seem to latch onto anything that pulls out.

So I guess I need to have tank dropped? Any other info REALLY appreciated! Is there a better tool to grab onto parts. Mine is just the flex tube with the 3 prongs that come out when handle depressed.

#3 ·
If its stop 12-14" in that might be the anti siphon. maybe something is blocking ahead of the anti siphon? maybe try a shop vac and a smaller tube hose to see if thats the case.

Reactions: f250intx
#5 ·
if the shop vac thing doesnt work maybe a vacuum pump with a small tube might be better. Murphy's law is gonna say that that cap is the same size as the filler tube. Try blowing compressed air out from where the filler connects to tank?

#6 ·
THANKS!!!! I wanted to try the shop vac to pull out obstruction. Both of mine had lager diameter hoses than the filler opening. I also have an old home vacuum in my shop (don't throw a lot out). The attachment hose was the exact size of the filler opening. Held on and turned vac on. In a couple seconds I heard something in the hose get sucked up. Whatever it was never made it to the junk bucket? I did not find anything.

This morning went to try and fill up. To my pleasant surprise it filled fine. Whatever it was it was sucked out and now my truck is fine!

THANKS AGAIN for the ideas!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.