Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Broken Cab Mount Bolt Question

9K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  chandlern 
#1 ·
I'm in the middle of replacing the cab mounts in my 08 and have run into an issue. The bolt for the drivers side front mount is broken, leaving me a half inch sticking through the cross member under the cage nut. Tried vice grips, no luck. Plan is to have my buddy weld a nut onto whats left and try backing it out, however of that doesn't work I'm looking for plan b....

If I pull the radiator is there enough room to pull the nut and broken stud through the hole on the inboard side of the cage nut? Don't want to have to pull the rad, really don't want to pull it and find out there isn't enough room....

#2 ·
Nevermind, went with option C! Pushed what's left of the bolt and nut off to the side in the cross member and put the other nut I had to pull out in its place. Will pick up another nut for that spot but at least she's at 7 bolts instead of 6 and 7 full mounts instead of like 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.