Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AC gone gunny bag

950 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimbo-Fish 
#1 ·
I took my F350 to the dealer today for an AC recharge, they told me that it was leaking at the schrader valve (where they recharge it). He then tells me I have 2 options, 1) replace the A/C Accumulator with Hose Assembly (quoted $189 for part & $502 total charge), 2) replace the Shrader valve and seal (part $48 $205 total charge).
He said that last week they had this same problem on another F350 & they replaced the schrader valve & it did not stop the leak so they replaced the accumulator hose assy. So they automatically hit me with the hose replacement first!!!!
I told them to order the valve. WTH!!!!

I was a mechanic 40 years ago and have been out of it for awhile but I feel as I'm getting played.....

#5 ·
Took it back in since the part came in this morning, they replaced the shrader valve & they are leery of it lasting too long.... $219 + $56.50 to diagnose it the other day..... I smell smoke!!!!

#3 ·
i think you're being a little presumptuous here. it sounds more like they didn't want you paying twice so they covered their ***.

#4 ·
I think that they are just trying to soak me for all those $20 oil changes on my cars......
Their moto is "Get em in the door then get back what we can"....

#7 ·
My back prevents me from doing most maintenance anymore but 15 years ago I did everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.