Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

steering pulling truck all over place

940 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  badboyz 
#1 ·
Hey guys, fairly new to the site and just have a quick question. Have an 2008 f350, a few months ago usually when braking and turning , such as getting off the highway, you would lose the power steering, took it to a local shop, they replaced the pump and its been good for a couple of months. Now what happens is sometimes when you turn the steering wheel it doesn't want to come back to centre, then as your driving your fighting the steering wheel left to right to keep it straight. If you stop though and turn the wheel all the way to the left then right it almost seems to clear itself. Just wondering if anyones had this happen before and what they did to fix it. Thanks again.

#3 ·
I would almost bet its your U-Joints. This sounds like what happened to me when I had a seized U-joint.

#4 ·
second this. had the same thing going on due to a bad ujoint. for a temp fix throw your truck in 4x4 for a mile or 2 and it may loosen up. but sooner or later it will come apart.

Reactions: kaya
#6 ·
Thanks guys, will check that out. Your talking about the u-joints by the front wheels right? It did it every so often but took it on a long haul Friday and was getting worse. The one time after a turn the steering wheel started to shake from right to left and had to pull over. Will check them out for sure, thanks again guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.