6.4 Snap, Crackle, Pop ?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 Snap, Crackle, Pop ??

so,,,,,, what I did was, pull the blue/gray wire from the ignition, tape it off really well, and voila the door dinger quit dinging with key in ignition... However... later i was sitting at a stop light and heard a "SNAP",, just like a rock hitting windshield, but nobody was moving anywhere. then two blocks down the road i smelled smoke, pulled over quickly, looked, listened, smelled, and can't find anything. looked at pulled wire, looks perfectly the way i left it.
(figured its fully covered) i drove on. when i got to my gopher hunting spot i shut it OFF, with key in ignition and door closed, out of nowhere "SNAP" again. weirdest dang thing. Anyone got any ideas??/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

BTW... everything seems to work perfectly, that i could think about testing. and truck seems to run fine...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM

Most likely it was something plastic expanding or contracting due to temperature change.

Instead of cutting a wire from the ignition how about cutting the wire going directly to the dinger... You don't really know what else the ignition wire is powering. I would reconnect the ignition wire and disconnect the dinger.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
Most likely it was something plastic expanding or contracting due to temperature change.

Instead of cutting a wire from the ignition how about cutting the wire going directly to the dinger... You don't really know what else the ignition wire is powering. I would reconnect the ignition wire and disconnect the dinger.
sounds like a perfect idea, thanks,,, i will get on ,,, oh wait any idea where that dinger is?,,,lol

and i did for sure hook that wire back up (and the annoying dinging started back up) i dont think that it has 'snapped' since then. there was nothing in the truck that we could think of that could have expanded due to heat, we thought about that also. and again it was suck a 'snap' that it didn't really sound like any plastic expanding/contracting that we had heard before.

also there is another gentlemen on here that i found out pulled the exact same wire on his '08 and never has heard anything crazy like this in his truck. (talked to him in person on phone to make sure),,,,,, crazy i tell ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.