Problem with Dashdaq (spartan) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem with Dashdaq (spartan)

When I plug in my Dashdaq into the OBD2 port it goes the through its normal start up but when it gets to "attempting to boot from flash device". It often says "attempt failed", Kernel corrupt (error -3) and then says "giving up". Then it wont do anything. It started doing this about once out of every 10 startups, but now has progressed to just about 8 out every 10 startups(basically all the time).

Now even after is says "success!" it freezes right there and won't do anything or it gets to the drew technologies splash screen and it just blinks.

The odd time I can get it to work my spartan skin is gone, still in the list of themes but won't load, and my ford parameters arn't set and I have to go through the whole process of finding them again.

I have the latest firmware version also....

Anyone else had this problem or know a fix for it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dusten
sounds like your SD card **** the bed
Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 AM

Try flashing the firmware again. Make sure to take out the sd. Maybe try getting another sd card, but for sure flash your firmware again and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 AM

Could it still be the SD card if this happens when the SD card is not even installed.

I will try and do the firmware update again. Spartan recommends putting the truck back to stock before doing this. Anyone know why? My concern is if it freezes up while doing the reflash to stock, then I would really be up the creek. I would feel alot safer not doing any tune changes until I get this fixed.
Can someone tell me if it safe to do a firmware update without returning to stock? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask08 View Post
Could it still be the SD card if this happens when the SD card is not even installed.

I will try and do the firmware update again. Spartan recommends putting the truck back to stock before doing this. Anyone know why? My concern is if it freezes up while doing the reflash to stock, then I would really be up the creek. I would feel alot safer not doing any tune changes until I get this fixed.
Can someone tell me if it safe to do a firmware update without returning to stock? Thanks.
PM Mick, he is the man you would want to talk to about DD help. You can find him on here or Spartan's site. He's a heck of a nice guy and Very helpful.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 PM

I would have to say that it's the sd card. Hope you have all your tunes/stock file/config file backed up to your computer. If you do, delete everything from the sd card, reformat it using the DashDAQ, then create a new transfer folder, and reinstall everything. Then it should work properly.

If you don't have your tunes backed up, well that's another story. Sending you a pm. call me when you get the time.....
Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 PM

I just reconfigured the SD card and tried starting the DashDaq with and without the SD card and it still does the same thing 90% of time. Any other suggestions?

I tried calling you mick, but no answer, I'll call again in a bit and leave a message...
Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Next I would try a new sd card. Will call you back when I get off the phone!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:57 PM

ok i've got another sd card here, i'll try that
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM

After rereading you post, you are saying internal flash?? If that's what it is, then it is a DashDAQ problem. Soon as I call we'll get it figured out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.