Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AFE stgII with Boost Tube

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Doctorsmack03 
#1 ·
I recently Installed the AFE stgII w/ Boost Tube on my 08', iit runs good for a few days and then I get Chk Engine Light, My auto filter Cleaning signal comes on every few minutes and I lose gas mileage drastically. Has anyone had these problems? Do I need a programmer to clear the codes? I am lost on this one:(

#3 ·
So why do you think it is throwing codes, the Ford house said the last time it was all exhaust codes, but I have had the chk engine light come on to. This is my first Diesel, I want to get more performance out of it but dont want to screw anything up. The Dealership acts like any mods will blow it up

#4 ·
So why do you think it is throwing codes, the Ford house said the last time it was all exhaust codes, but I have had the chk engine light come on to. This is my first Diesel, I want to get more performance out of it but dont want to screw anything up. The Dealership acts like any mods will blow it up
First off, :ORG welcome:....... to run the AFE with out any problems your going to need to do a regen delete and get rid of your DPF. However this will void your warranty. The AFE is affecting the way the truck looks at the intake of air vs the exhaust and it don't like it. If you don't want to void your warranty with a regen delete go with a S&B intake and get rid of your AFE other wise put her back to stock :thumb:

#12 ·
I can't say from experience, because I have never had an SCT, but I can tell you that I would never switch from Spartan. Just about every one here is running Spartan on their 6.4's. And every one else is kicking themselves for not going with Spartan.

As for the intake CEL, Spartan would fix that. If you don't choose to tune your truck, then you'll have put the OEM intake back on. Even the S&B (contrary to what some have said) can cause codes on a stock truck. I know, because I do have experience with that.

#16 ·
I definitely have a job 1 truck, and it threw a code the first time I drove it with he S&B on there. It's about 10 miles between my shop and my house, and it did it twice. The next day it did it at idle. The day after, I put my Edge Juice back on till the Spartan got here, and after that, it didn't do it again. I am wondering if the computer re-learned some parameters after I physically unplugged it while installing the Edge back on there. Maybe it figured that this is how it is supposed to be, instead of noticing the difference between the stock filter and the S&B.

#18 ·
As soon as I realized what the CEL was all about, and that other people were getting the same thing, I decided to just deal with it till I got my spartan.

#23 ·
If you haven't done it yet...Call Cobbs Diesel. Very cool guy to deal with. I just did the same research you are doing yesterday, beleive me you sound like I did. And this morning after a long night of research...I called John at Cobbs. He ships same day, answers the phone everytime you call and honored two stupid requests I had without asking, "why?" Also, my research has determined to order the DPF/Cat delete pipe instead of the DPF only delete pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.