just recieved and installed my H&S mini maxx - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just recieved and installed my H&S mini maxx

let me tell you, i love this unit! would definetly choose this over SCT anyday. having used SCT for the past couple years, and just making the switch as of yesterday, i love the H&S and dont know why i didnt buy it sooner. im currently running the HD300 tune, for a canned tune it is BAD A$$. i cant say enough good things about it, the defueling parameter setup is an awesome feature as well. my first impresson upon opening the box was "holy crap, THIS is how small it is?!?! but good things come in small packages! i am very impressed thus far and cant wait to put a few hundred miles on it to get used to it. the shifting is awesome on the trans file, i love the 4th gear TC lock up.

just ordered my custom dash mount this morning to give it a cleaner install look on my dash.

i'd like to give a special thanks to Karl a.k.a. "TurboKidd" for allowing me to purchase this from him and for all the help and information along the way, super cool guy!

will post pictures and maybe a video or 2 of the truck when this weather decides to clear up here (central florida) its been raining here the past 2 days! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaboystrokin For This Useful Post:
turbo kidd (05-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaboystrokin View Post
let me tell you, i love this unit! would definetly choose this over SCT anyday. having used SCT for the past couple years, and just making the switch as of yesterday, i love the H&S and dont know why i didnt buy it sooner. im currently running the HD300 tune, for a canned tune it is BAD A$$. i cant say enough good things about it, the defueling parameter setup is an awesome feature as well. my first impresson upon opening the box was "holy crap, THIS is how small it is?!?! but good things come in small packages! i am very impressed thus far and cant wait to put a few hundred miles on it to get used to it. the shifting is awesome on the trans file, i love the 4th gear TC lock up.

just ordered my custom dash mount this morning to give it a cleaner install look on my dash.

i'd like to give a special thanks to Karl a.k.a. "TurboKidd" for allowing me to purchase this from him and for all the help and information along the way, super cool guy!

will post pictures and maybe a video or 2 of the truck when this weather decides to clear up here (central florida) its been raining here the past 2 days! lol
I know right!!!??^^

I put my Spartan on and it hasnt stoped raning since until this week. I was finding reasons to drive places to see what the truck can do on DRY pavement.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
I know right!!!??^^

I put my Spartan on and it hasnt stoped raning since until this week. I was finding reasons to drive places to see what the truck can do on DRY pavement.

haha yeah man its crazy. it stopped raining enough on my drive home from work and i got on it a couple times. im VERY impressed, broke the tires loose @ 45-50mph. scared the crap out of me haha i wasnt expecting that much of a power increase but H&S has done something right. im in love
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Premium Member

Lol, wife hates it (she shifts on the fly to turn it down ) b/c of power. It'll break loose at higher speeds than that so be careful! Glad u like it, I'm going for more custom tunes next but definitely like my h&s tunes better (power/shifting) besides being smokey. Then again my GH seems smokey at times in/out of throttle but lighter at WOT than h&s. Enjoy, Jayson.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:58 PM

what other customs you plan on getting Jayson? i thought gearhead and innovative were the 2 primary that did MCC tuning? or are you gonna try and do it yourself?
Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Innovative, but that looks to around $400??? For there tunes. Although I do have the program & want to learn tuning & then play around myself. I've actually got a drag truck in the shop getting a cage so I've gotta hold back on 6.4 stuff for a bit but it's hard! Studs are on the shelf but I gotta justify doing a few grand more when it's that time.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:24 AM

oh ok thats cool man, 400 seems a little steep to me? lol

what kind of drag truck you got in the shop??

tell me about it though all i wanna do is spend money on my truck! its addicting.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 AM
Premium Member

86 c10 1/4 mile (10+sec) drag.

There are other guys out there tuning (h&s forum) but I'm a little skeptical on just letting anyone tune my rig. Lol, very addictive!!
Old 05-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokiNDieseL View Post
86 c10 1/4 mile (10+sec) drag.
Pics of truck in chassis shop.
Attached Thumbnails
just recieved and installed my H&S mini maxx-image.jpg  
Flaboystrokin likes this.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 AM

hell yeah man that is awesome! wish i had the money to have toys like that, sadly all my money goes to my powerstroke, which isnt a bad thing either i suppose haha. we should hook up sometime, have a few brews and hang out. i dont know any other powerstroke owners in my area to hang out with and talk about trucks lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaboystrokin For This Useful Post:
dganoe (05-06-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.