SCT or Spartan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WoodBoy
  • 1 Post By Rocweiller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT or Spartan

So really trying to get the most bang for my buck here. And I understand people have different opinions. But what are some pros and cons about each? Which one makes more TQ and HP? Which one will be easier on the trans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Oh my.......

If you get an SCT offroad you will have several options on custom tuning, monitoring sucks, great device. There are no sct offroad tuners for sale that I know of except used. There are competition tuners which are on road tuners that have been custom tuned with offroad tunes. The amount of companies offroad tuning these are very limited

Spartan has a great monitor, great canned tunes, no custom tunes YET.

An SCT with custom tunes and a Spartan tuner will both max out about the same HP and Torque so pick your color
Flaboystrokin likes this.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:24 AM

IMO even though i bought a competition tuner, and IDP wrote me his xtreme street tune, i would go with SCT livewire TS. i think the monitoring is decent. has everything i want to keep an eye on. and the price is a bit cheaper then Spartan. ive heard more then a few horror stories with spartan. enough to keep me away from buying one. but there are pros and cons to everything out there.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 AM

Yeah when I typed that about the monitoring, I was only including the actual race tuners but as Flaboystrokin said, the 5015 is a pretty decent monitor
Old 04-25-2014, 05:42 AM

Makes since, I'm new to this so ya'll bare with me....... I have 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, (dpf/cat deleted), cold air intake and 3 inch CAC pipe. Wanting to do EGR deletes also soon. And down the road arp studs, bigger turbo, injectors, etc. But down the road. Whats the best programmer in ya'lls opinion with what i have and what i want to do?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 AM

I like spartan, only had my truck 6 months and 5 months tuned so far no issues. Have a buddy that has 4 6.4's ( farmer) all spartan tuned. He tried sct and edge and had issues with them. My opinion, you can't go wrong with spartan.
08stroker250 likes this.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade843 View Post
Makes since, I'm new to this so ya'll bare with me....... I have 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, (dpf/cat deleted), cold air intake and 3 inch CAC pipe. Wanting to do EGR deletes also soon. And down the road arp studs, bigger turbo, injectors, etc. But down the road. Whats the best programmer in ya'lls opinion with what i have and what i want to do?
Well it depends. Some people say later on down the road they plan on doing that stuff and whether that means 6 months or 4 years makes a big difference because tuning options will change. So if you don't think you are going to do that stuff in the next year or so, I would pick which ever one you liked currently, other wise H&S with MCC or SCT offroad tuners is going to be the best choice for bigger turbos and injectors CURRENTLY.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:40 AM

I own H&S Mini's, one Spartan & a SCT. I have used them all, and each one has something I like. However, I just love my Mini's....tons of features, shift on the fly, great customer support and custom tunes as well. The SCT is great for custom tunes. My order of favorites is like this (I'm not hating on any of them, just based on my experience)

1.) H&S
2.) SCT
3.) Spartan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.