Came to a sad realization today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Came to a sad realization today

No im not mad at anyone, or pointing the finger at anyone or any company while writing this post. just to clarify.

This week, i got in touch with 3 tuners, Gearhead, IDP, and Quicktricks automotive, after speaking with them via email back and fourth only 1 of those 3 companies are able to write tunes for my tuner! and as my sig says, IDP seemed to be the only ones who were able to do so.

gearhead and quicktricks said that they cannot write files for my SCT livewire TS due to the fact that it is a competition model, and not an off road / racing model. i had NO idea there was a difference. apparently you are unable to turn the DPF and EGR off on the specific model i have, if that is so then how can Innovative write me a tune to do so? or Rudy's can write me tunes to do so as well? those are just questions lingering in my head lol

after purchasing the livewire TS, due to the fact that i am comfortable with their products i am almost regreting my purchase and wishing i had went with an h&s. i had no dea i would not be able to obtain the tunes i wanted to buy for my truck.

what are y'alls thoughs on this? should i try to sell my livewire TS and buy an h&s for tuning options with my truck? or just live with what i have? im not saying that i dont love the xtreme street tune from Eric, but id like to have more options if i wish to ever want to buy tunes from anyone/ anywhere else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 AM

Subscribed........Is this the livewire 5015?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofdoctor View Post
Subscribed........Is this the livewire 5015?
yes sir, purchased from rudys diesel performance
Old 04-23-2014, 09:33 AM

To my understanding those competition tuners are fairly new. I think in time others will start writing files for them or maybe they won't due to how those tuners work. Hard to tell. Going with H&S to get custom tunes is an expensive route. The tuner is going to cost you 1,500-2k plus you'll need the MCC unlock which cost $ plus the cost of tunes. If I was you I'd wait it out a little longer and in the mean time look for a 3015R or a 9625OR
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can get custom tuning on the SCT, but there is only one company that can truly offer real custom stuff. Can't say there name on here for obvious reasons but shoot me a PM if you want more info.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM

You're not the first person who has bought a tuner from Rudy's only to find out you can't buy custom tunes for them even though they sell them as OR/R tuners.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris 6.4 View Post
To my understanding those competition tuners are fairly new. I think in time others will start writing files for them or maybe they won't due to how those tuners work. Hard to tell. Going with H&S to get custom tunes is an expensive route. The tuner is going to cost you 1,500-2k plus you'll need the MCC unlock which cost $ plus the cost of tunes. If I was you I'd wait it out a little longer and in the mean time look for a 3015R or a 9625OR
Why not grab a used H&S street tuner, MCC and be off to the races....
Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris 6.4 View Post
yeah, i understand that. the H&S option is a bit expensive. but i havent seen one person who wasnt happy with their performance or mileage with those tuners. i ran a 500 mi road trp yesterday and averaged 19mpg @ 75mph. running erics tune. i just want more of a variety then just 1 tune lol ill try to hold off and wait to see if they start writing tunes for the competition models but if not then i will save my pennies and pick another option.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafordguy View Post
Why not grab a used H&S street tuner, MCC and be off to the races....

i PM'ed a few guys on here selling used h&s with unlock code. waiting on reply
Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaboystrokin View Post
i PM'ed a few guys on here selling used h&s with unlock code. waiting on reply
Re-read my post. Not trying to be coy here but sometimes getting what you want takes a little digging......

MCC unlock code and High-Sulfer code is something different.
The Following User Says Thank You to seafordguy For This Useful Post:
Flaboystrokin (04-23-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.