Sinister EGR Delete and Coolant Filter Installs Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JSBucinski

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 06:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sinister EGR Delete and Coolant Filter Installs Review

Hey guys, I knocked out my EGR delete and coolant filter system this weekend on my truck. I just wanted to share a few things and thoughts for everything that may go down this route or if they are deciding between brands.

1.) Sinister EGR Delete.
I didnt really run into any problems with this kit, most people complain about stripping the exhaust flange bolts or what not. A few things i did to avoid this. First when i started the project I sprayed those bolts with penetrating oil and a few times after that as i went. Second i brought my buddy that is Air Winger Mech, Thirdly i had recently spent a small fortune to have the top half of my motor replaced after a gross over rev. So when i stop by the dealership i made sure the mech had taken everything off that i was going to so it was nice and broken loose for me. Some people reccomend that you take out the inner fender well to do this install. I didnt have to and didnt see any reason too. Everything from Sinister fit nice and snug how it was supposed to and sealed up correctly. The instructions were very detailed and easy to follow. The only snag i ran into was that when reconnecting hoses it was telling me to splice a certain line where i already had a T connector. I'm pretty sure this is due to Ford updating our set up when all the radiators were leaking. It wasnt hard to figure out what to do at all though. You just take out the T and plug the line running voerthe radiator directly to the overflow tank. The only critque i really have for this kit is that it will tell you to (re torque bolts to factory specs) can we please just list them right there.

For H&S users just make sure to retune truck to the MED or HD tune after or you will throw codes.

2.) The Sinister coolant filtration system.
This kit is very easy and straight forward. You will need a breaker bar to loosen up those transmission cross member bolts! Kit bolts up and everything fits very easy. The mounting location is nice and safe for the filter. I love that the have two ball valves there. No leaking of coolant during filter changes and if something breaks you can always turn both of them off and your truck will still run. I have heard other people complain about how other companies kits didnt give them long enough hoses. I did not have this problem at all. Sinister was nice enough to give me a few inches at that!

All in all both installs went really nice and easy. I am very happy with both kits. As i purchase more products i will certainly be checking with Sinister to see if they have what i want first. +1 to Sinister for making there parts blue because my truck is blue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 AM

Thank you for the review!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Further more impresed with Sinister. I just got a follow up call from Sinister on one of my parts that was back ordered (not their product). Will be shipping out soon and they are throwing in some free stickers and koozies for the wait!! I get excited about little things but being in sales myself i can appreciate good customer service!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

curious about your over rev....what happened...what got screwed up and how high did the rpm go ?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:53 AM

Here check out the thread I made of it. Even has some pics. Did I run it that hard?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:14 PM

My only suggestion for the coolant filter would be to use something better than worm gear clamps where the T goes. Despite being as tight as I could make them, I ended up getting a small drip of coolant that ran down the hose and dripped on my alternator. Ended up frying it and was a 4 day wait to get a replacement. That's just my own awful luck though. Better safe than sorry for the rest of you guys though...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

Great right up, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.