SCT 9625OR W/ IDP tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Strom Troopin' Stroker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT 9625OR W/ IDP tune

Hey all, as I've said before I'm running an SCT 9625OR tuner with the Innovative Diesel Xtreme Race tune (EGR/DPF/CAT delete, AFE intake). I got a call yesterday to pull a buddy's jeep out of a ditch in a creek ( Jeep Stuck in Creek - Imgur ) and so went down there and first hooked up to him with a tow strap, threw it in 4H and gave it some gas to about 2200-2500 RPMs. What happened was when i let off the gas after realizing that just using the winch would be easier, it died. Now, thank the lord, but it did start right back up. Is it because of the tune, or my truck, or user error? just know that before throwing the tune on it this didn't happen. Should i throw it back to stock before doing and 4x4 rescues? I never voluntarily throw my truck in the mud, just basically sit there, drink beer, and watch the other guys with the winch and 573HP/1219TQ as insurance for them. Dyno'd this weekend in Ennis and that's what she's throwin' down by the way. Was anyone else down there for NHRDA Nationals?

Last edited by 08StormTrooper; 04-14-2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like you just choked it down. This is why you see guys at sled pulls and etc either slowly let off the pedal when they throw the red flag or either they keep patting the pedal to keep this from happening. Your tc was engaged and when you suddenly let of all the torque slowed the motor down so fast it just choked it down (along with the boost on the intake side trying to go back through the compressor wheel thus suddenly slowing it down and its on a shaft connected to the exhaust side so that also creates an effect of covering the exhaust with your hand for example).. Sounds like just a user error
Old 04-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Strom Troopin' Stroker

Appreciate the insight, makes me feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dying, idp, idp extreme race tune, off road, stalling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.