sct package?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 02:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation sct package??

I am new to diesels an I just bought a 2008 f250 fx4 with 108k miles. I am looking into a spartan tuner with 5" straight pipe egr and dpf deletes. However it looks like it will be pricey. So I was wondering if I purchase this sct tuner package off ebay if it would be any good. I do not pull anything, mud ride or race and I work 6mths out the year so I am rarely home to use it and when I am home we are normally in the wifes car ... with that said would this sct package do me any good saving fuel and not harm the truck In any way. Is this good enought as for as the deletes and all. Does the tuner have a dpf and egr delete and does It actually delete the dpf. I see It has a egr cooler. Is that any good or should I just save yhe extra money to get the spartan with all the deletes???k
Attached Thumbnails
sct package??-screenshot_2014-04-12-03-31-38.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 02:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ohh an if this package is any good. Does it have good preset tunes? Im just looking to add 75-175 hp not looking for large tunes really
Old 04-12-2014, 04:01 AM

Rudys, from what I hear, is a very reputable business. The TS they sell, I believe, comes preloaded with 5 of their custom tunes, and the rest of that package looks to be pretty standard deletes. I'm sure someone will debate with you over the choice of SCT vs Spartan. Spartan has a lot of good reviews on here but I haven't seen a lot of reviews on Rudy's TS. I'm sure they will stand behind their product though. I run a SCT 9625OR, old school, but do wish I would have saved a few more dollars for the spartan. Good luck and no matter which direction you go you will be a lot happier with your truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

When you say standard delete, as for the egr will I still have to worry about the coolant going to the engine with that package. If so what would be the complete delete that I would need. They do have the spartan package looks like the same equipment with it for $2200. Which isnt bad either but my main concern with the packages on ebay is . (Are the deletes with the package the final deletes they talk about on the 6.4 general forum with egr and dpf)? Amd I am still hoping to read more on the spartan vs sct rudys ts...
Old 04-12-2014, 09:29 AM

Judging by the picture, it looks like the sinister kit with elbow, that will remove the valve and both coolers, it also includes the two coolant plugs for the engine block. The picture looked like it was just the dpf/doc delete pipe which will connect to your stock exhaust. That is the emissions equipment you need to get rid of the extend the life of the engine. Any other modification you do after that is a bonus. There are many other modifications you can do to make it last longer however there are many guys on here that have done nothing but extensive maintenance, running stock, and are still running strong. Each truck has a mind of its own.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok sounds good so far. Now its to decide whether or not to spend the extra bucks on the spartan ( which I probably will just wating on a quote from the local pefermance store)...thanks for the info!!!)
Old 04-12-2014, 12:48 PM

No problem. And keep searching on here there is some good info on the spartan tuner if you are still hesitant on spending the money. Good luck

Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Rudy's is good to deal with. I went with the spartan.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I will keep yall posted on my decisions and outcome.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't want to hijack your thread...However, I have a brand new in the box H&S Race Tuner for sale....You can see my ad in the for sale section. I own several 6.4's and they are all H&S tuned and I love them. I also own a Spartan and a SCT as well. The Spartan and the SCT just didn't work for me, because I like to switch tunes on the fly and for various other reasons (I don't want to start a war here...LOL). The SCT is a great option, but will only be as good as the tunes you buy. Good Luck with you truck, if you are interested in my H&S, feel free to send me a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.