Q's about AirdogII - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Q's about AirdogII

I've spent the majority of the work day utilizing the search button and installation instructions, but and ended up with a few specific questions. I have pretty much decided to go with the AirdogII because it removes the OEM filter and pump. I want to do this kit for reliatbility and not power. I have a dpf delete/tuner, intake, headstuds, and upgraded pushrods. I plan on purchasing the egr delete / cac / intake elbow kit along with my AirdogII. I dont plan on adding any more power just continuing to bullet proof my truck. So here are my questions.
1.) Do you have to drop the tank or remove the bed for the II? I have seen both answers.
2.) The adjustable regulator preset at 10psi. What do i need to know about this? What do you have yours set to and why? Why do they preset at 10? If you want to throw a wall of text at me with this one i'd appreciate it.
3.)Where do you bleed the air out of the line from once you are done and how do you go about this? I did not care for the installation's explanation. Free male unspoken bond head nod to who ever posts a picture of where you bleed the line from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

1. No... use your phone's camera and snap a shot of the tank's basket.. orient yourself to the passenger side of the tank, head toward rear, and you can reach up and snatch up the quick releases to disconnect the OE, and plug up the AD..

2. preset is what you're looking for.. if you ever add any fuel adders, you may possibly need to add more lift pressure.. until then, you're fine.

3. there is no need to bleed... but.. you may need to cycle the pump several times over, just as you would if you swapped filters on the OE HMFC, and as you will do with the AD when you swap filters... either turn ignition off and back on (no start), Or, push the button under the passenger front door jam labeled 'fuel cut off'... either way, it primes the pump..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBucinski View Post
I've spent the majority of the work day utilizing the search button and installation instructions, but and ended up with a few specific questions. I have pretty much decided to go with the AirdogII because it removes the OEM filter and pump. I want to do this kit for reliatbility and not power. I have a dpf delete/tuner, intake, headstuds, and upgraded pushrods. I plan on purchasing the egr delete / cac / intake elbow kit along with my AirdogII. I dont plan on adding any more power just continuing to bullet proof my truck. So here are my questions.

1.) Do you have to drop the tank or remove the bed for the II? I have seen both answers.

2.) The adjustable regulator preset at 10psi. What do i need to know about this? What do you have yours set to and why? Why do they preset at 10? If you want to throw a wall of text at me with this one i'd appreciate it.

3.)Where do you bleed the air out of the line from once you are done and how do you go about this? I did not care for the installation's explanation. Free male unspoken bond head nod to who ever posts a picture of where you bleed the line from.

1. Either. Unless you have really little hands and long arms. I dropped my tank just a few inches to get enough access.

2. I just left mine at the preset. Haven't read anything to tell me otherwise.

3. I didn't really bleed mine. Just cycled the key like 20 times. Same thing I do when I replace fuel filters.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 AM

I have now installed 4 now and would drop the tank. First one I did cab off and tank in and was tight but doable. Last ones dropped the tank and was easier to get to. I did not touch the regulator whatsoever and bled the fuel into a bucket after the pump and at the engine and started first turn. The only thing I really learned was use the splices to shorten the hoses for a cleaner route and I eliminated the spacer block that they gave to keep it away from the transfer case.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 AM

Last one used a trans jack and lowered it a bit.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:31 AM

I am not a little dude- and my arms are by no means small... the trick is getting a look at the basket and identifying what is what and where it is... after that, you can do it by feel alone.. and reach up to the basket from the passenger side........

I've done three... I dropped the tank on the first one.. I didn't drop the tank on the second one.. I dropped it on the third one because I installed a sump on the tank..

a matter of fact, I HIGHLY recommend installing a sump and disregarding the top connection altogether..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 AM

All good information. Thank you guys. Why did you remove the spacer block?
I am a thin 6foot so the reach wont be bad for me.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM

The last were 4 door short bed and the transfer case was close to the pump and caused the hose to be too close and kink a bit. Removed the spacer and had a straight shot to the front from there.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:55 AM

I'm telling you straight, do yourself this favor:

it will never be easier than it is with the tank on the ground...
Old 04-10-2014, 01:27 PM

any good advice as to dropping the tank in gagrage with some rpetty simple tooks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.