Livewire SCT 5015 C with delete DONE :( - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Livewire SCT 5015 C with delete DONE :(

2008 6.4 Dually Extened Cab Long Box with Tow Boss and 4:30 gear ratio

Well I did the full delete yesterday. SCT Livewire 5015C, S&B CAI, Sinister inercooler pipe, diamond eye exhaust pipe.

The good...... this will be short. The guy's that did the work were great!

The bad........ Out of 10 custom tunes installed the only tune that works is the B4 or number 4 tune. The tuner came with zero paper work so I don't even know what the horsepower is on this tune but what I do know is I want a bit less! The truck turned into a SCAREY MONSTER! If I was into drag raceing I'd have some use for it. It would most certainly ad up some kills! I tried to de-tune the beast one step at a time, first down to tune B3 and after loading the tune I got a wrench "with no code" and the truck turned into a pooch! A total slug! So I thought I'd try the next tune down, B2. Well after multiple NO STARTS, and 2 hours of trying to load B2 I simply gave up, for now! I then loaded B4 back on and did some more testing. The shifting isn't smooth like it was prior to the deletes so that needs work or learning , if it will ever learn??? One note: IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO STAY OFF THE PEDAL WITH THE B4 TUNE....HOLY MONSTER BAT MAN.....
The little good that may have come out of this...........
My liar meter showed 15.6 MPG when I pulled into the shop. When I left I filled the tank and on a 159 mile trip home the liar meter was showing 25.6 MPG. I stopped and refilled the tank and on paper I'm getting 15.9 so the overhead is waaaaay off. The only other paper MPG I did was on a 2000 mile trip where I was getting high 10's. I think there is room for improvement in the MPG department and hope that "if" I get the lower tunes to work that perhaps B2 or B3 with a little less HP will save a little more on the fuel. My main purpose for the deletes other than letting this truck live longer by dumping the EGR and DPF is the MPG.

Anyone that has any 5015 C experiance, please share!
I'll update after Monday when we call in and beotch!

Last edited by hoofdoctor; 03-29-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

A couple things I wanted to ad
The truck has 129,000 miles on her. The inercooler had the typical black oily mess in it. The EGR and DPF were extremely clean in my opinion! I hope I made the right move doing these deletes!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sounds like the error is in the tuning..... Is the tuner showing an error code when trying to load in a tune? If so what is it?
Old 03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil02 View Post
Sounds like the error is in the tuning..... Is the tuner showing an error code when trying to load in a tune? If so what is it?
I agree.........No codes. Wrench on the dash. Shut it down and it won't restart. Then need to reprogram back to stock and start over. Never did get tune 2 or 3 to load. Running on 4 for the time being! Shift is rough on 4. Don't care for that tune on the tranny. Maybe can adjust it.

Last edited by hoofdoctor; 03-30-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

If you keep off of the skinny, you will probably get better mileage out of the higher HP tunes cause they run more timing.
Did you buy this tuner used? I would contact SCT about your experiences. I wonder if some of the tunes are corrupted?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Have you checked you DTC on the tuner? What does it say when you try to load in another tune? Whats the exact error you get?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B585Ford View Post
If you keep off of the skinny, you will probably get better mileage out of the higher HP tunes cause they run more timing.
Did you buy this tuner used? I would contact SCT about your experiences. I wonder if some of the tunes are corrupted?
The tuner is new. I'm not heavy in the foot by any means! Made contact today with the tune provider but didn't have time to try a fix yet. We had a family matter to take care of. Will try tomorrow. I was told that perhaps the file was corrupt when it was loaded.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Have you checked you DTC on the tuner? What does it say when you try to load in another tune? Whats the exact error you get?
I have checked the DTC. No error codes shown. I get a wrench on the "dash" display!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What does the tuner say when you try to load in tune 2 or 3
Old 04-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
What does the tuner say when you try to load in tune 2 or 3
Something like "tune loaded successfully".......... Turn the key and nothing. Won't turn over. """NO CODES NO ERRORS"""" Just the wrench "on the dash computor screen". I tried several times and it takes about 45 minutes to go back to stock and reload the tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.