Need Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help

Ok people, please help me with this! I've been getting ready to do some work to my 6.4 Powerstroke. I have 4 inch turbo back flo pro exhaust (striaght pipe), s&b cold air intake, CAC intake pipe, sinister diesel egr delete, and ARP studs. All I have left to get is programmer. Now I have looked through all the forums and been through every website i can think of. Seems to be everyone either says go with H&S programmer or Spartan. My first choice would be H&S although every website i go to it says all H&S programmers are on national back order. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET IT???!!! If possbile. If not then I'm just going to go with Spartan. Please let me know if anyone knows anything.
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

eBay has several different sellers that have them in stock and ready to ship. I run spartan personally and love it. Could save you $500 by going with it. But if you're dead set on H&S check on there. I have no experience with H&S but everybody who runs them loves it.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:56 PM

Well Im not dead set on anything. Just seems to be everyone who is running them loves them. What HP does yours add?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:13 PM

I run the 250 tune which vs stock it makes it a monster. I run 5" exhaust and S&B intake with sinister EGR delete. I won't run higher tunes since I'm not studded yet or have a built tranny. But with your supporting mods your doing you could run the higher tunes like the 300, 310, or 350. Spartan shows a dyno graph with the 250 tune on their site fuel only making 490rwhp and 1026lbtq I'd say your weak point will be the tranny after awhile you'll need a built one.

Last edited by Kris 6.4; 03-22-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 PM

Should I upgrade the trans at the same time? Maybe a shift kit or just get it built? Can you post a link of the tuner you have? Im wanting to do all the research i can before i order one.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:38 PM

The stock trans will hold for awhile depending on how you drive the truck if you are constantly doing wot runs it will break sooner than later but if your easy on it and only give it a punch every now and again it will last much longer. Also depends on what kind of shape it's in now. One thing to note about spartan is the shifting of the tranny after tuning most people complain of a rev slam in to gear issue. It's only temporary, you just have to go thru the relearn process. I didn't have that issue with mine after tuning it. Mine just feels much firmer with the shifts. If you go with spartan and yours does it go thru the relearn process and put about 100 or so miles on it and it will be back to shifting normal. It will be firmer than stock but will eliminate the rev slam. Spartan Diesel Technologies this is the link to Spartans website good info on there about their tuning also can order directly from them.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 PM

Thanks! I dont get on it too often but like everyone, i love stomping corvettes *** at a redlight. I'm not trying to build a racetruck here but i want a bulletproof truck that i can take across country or to the drag strip. Would love to set up a tune for interstate driving (i travel from Louisiana to South Carolina often) and perfromance (dragstrip). If spartan is able. I'm going to call their tech support monday and discuss my options. Thanks for your help.
If anyone has any other ideas let me know
Old 03-22-2014, 07:54 PM

I just want to note also that while you are doing all the "bulletproofing" mods to your truck that anything can happen. There's guys that have blown head-gaskets even after studding plus pistons seem to be a weak point on this motor as well from my research. Just want to make it clear that while yes your truck should hold together quite well after all the mods anything is still possible to go wrong even the strongest parts in the world fail after time and abuse and a lot is in how you drive as well as maintenance. Best of luck to you with your truck. Post up what you decide to go with and after it's all done.

Last edited by Kris 6.4; 03-22-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:59 PM

Yea i know. I just seen most people were having stretched studs and what not. Just trying to cover my basis. I'm still going to do some additions down the road.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:03 PM

It will be a sweet truck when it's all finished no doubt about it. Looking forward to what you think about the truck after it's all tuned
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris 6.4 For This Useful Post:
Blade843 (03-22-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.