Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Spartan Experience's

10K views 64 replies 16 participants last post by  Delta Kilo 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just went from an XRT to Spartan tunning with the nDash module on my '09. I do not like it one bit, but i am willing to wait it out and hear what ya'll have to say before i go a different rout with it.

I tried the 300 tune and the motor seemed to handle it pretty well, but the transmission hated it. I did the re learn like the sticky suggested and added 1/2Q of ATF, and it didnt seem to clear up after doing so. I have only put around 20 miles on the tune. I spoke with spartan and they advised me to drive on it for 7-10 days and it should adapt to my driving habits. Has anyone else noticed the transmission shift better after driving on it a little while? This thing tosses me around in my seat trying to find the next gear. From 40mph and up, i can stomp on it and it does pretty good. but from a dead stop, it slams and revs high before going into the next gear. My xrt with the transmission tunning was a lot smoother. Any ideas?

Also, how does a guy just get use to the injector rattle in the 310 and higher tunes? I know its not harming the motor, but it sure doesnt sound healthy. Any input will be much appreciated. I know Spartan does good work, because i read up on a lot of sites that people love it. I WANT to love it, just want to know if im doing something wrong here.

See less See more
#43 ·
I'd like to think it would be . Lol

#49 ·
PTP, Rudys, River City Diesel, many others provide great customer service.

#60 ·
I never saw more than 1150 with stock turbos, and that truck saw the dyno a lot. Only time it made over 1200 was with Elite's 71mm. Dyno numbers are all over the place though (which is why dyno's are better as tuning tools) and torque numbers aren't as impressive in my book as horsepower numbers anyway. A truck that makes 750/1100 is more impressive and going to be quicker at the drag strip than an equally weighted truck making 650/1300.

#63 ·
I recently did a cat/dpf delete and added a spartan tuner. I was running a 210 tune and it shifted great. Decided today to run the 250 tune, and I'm getting hard shifts as well, but only in the middle gears, even after doing the trans relearn. I'm about to add the 1/2 quart of tranny fluid. Hopefully that and putting some miles on the new tune will help.

#64 ·
The 250 tune is different trans tuning than the 210. It will be harsh for a bit but it smooths out over time. Even after it smooths out it's still going to be much more firm/harsh than the 210 file. Traction bars help with the shifting as well.

#65 ·
I still have Spartan tunes but not using them anymore due to needing custom tunes but still use the Dasdaq. Anyway my experience was I hated the way the 300 tune shifted. Even at very little throttle it shifted hard with the 300 tune. I ended up using the 310 tune as my daily driver. I felt it shifted very similar to stock once I had a few miles on it and it really firmed up the shifts once I was 50% into the throttle which I was fine with. Driving around town at part throttle it seemed to shift the best for me. If the shifting is an issues try the 310 for awhile and see what ya think. That was my experience with it though. Also I got a little better MPG with the 310 over the 300.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.