Parts list? Batmowheels - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Parts list? Batmowheels

I am getting a good deal on a set and just want to know if there is anything else I need to buy when doing this job? Anything that needs to be replaced once it is taken apart and cannot be reused? things along those lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

I wish I could help ya but I am not sure. HDFatboy had a batmo he was thinking about installing so might know. Diesel23 was talking about running a batmo a long time ago so maybe he would know. Might want to shoot them a PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

I thought I read somewhere that if you crack the oil feed lined the washers or something had to be replaced who knows.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My 2 cents worth, The low pressure is fairly straight forward & you shouldn't need any extra parts unless you damage something coming apart. Down pipe has to come loose to access shaft from turbine wheel end for holding purposes when undoing the nut on compressor side. The compressor housing has to come off to access the wheel your going to change. there are 5 bolts, the one in the very bottom will test your patience & make you wish you had never started the job..... but it does come out. You will need to remove the fuel cooler/ x over tube assembly for access. There are a few seals here in the tube but they are normally reusable. Oil feed lines will need to come off and out of the way, there are seals on the banjo fittings that may need replaced. probably have to remove exhaust back press sensor also when cooler/cross over tube comes out.

The low pressure Batmowheel upgrade is where the gains in performance are made & from all accounts, there is very little, to no gain at all in changing the Hi pressure wheel.
I believe, but don't quote me on this, to change the HP compressor wheel the complete turbo would need to come out for disassembly to access the the turbine shaft for holding purposes to let go the compressor wheel nut. That opens up a whole other can of worms! This and no real gain is probably why most don't change the HP, only the LP.

Maybe there is a trick to getting that HP wheel off in place, I don't know.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Here is a couple pictures showing the hard to see bolts in the LP compressor housing
Attached Thumbnails
Parts list? Batmowheels-attachment1.jpg   Parts list? Batmowheels-attachment2.jpg  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Td-5 great info , as mentioned yes I did have the high and low side , but was able to have the turbos off to do the swap outs so it was a cake walk , and then took them out a few weeks later for larger turbo set up ,so sorry have no input on the performance side of it - goodluck
Old 03-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

You can't use an air gun to zip the wheels off like the older trucks? I don't have the money to put into a larger turbo and I don't plan on doing gaskets or studs anytime soon either so I figured I would do this and see where it gets me.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't do that, you're better off doing it right or not doing it at all. When you damage the bearings in your turbo from spinning it with no oil flow you'll be out a lot more than just a couple wheels.
toren302 likes this.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

As Brett stated I had my mind set on a LP batmowheel. I ended up going with a 71mm lp turbo. I still have the batmowheel but I never installed it.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

Unless I can get someone to give me a 71mm for what I paid for the bats I can't go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.