SCT Livewire TS = garbage.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Livewire TS = garbage....

My exhaust back pressure is reading 47 psi with key on engine off, obviously when the engine is running it is way off...units are incorrect.

Units for boost are not correct, when I have it in PSI they are way off. Seems that when I put it in kPa they read what they should if it was in PSI.

My boost signal constantly maxes out causing me to have to keep resetting my max/mins.

Yesterday I did a part throttle pass, just got on it a bit, I saw my TS tell me that boost was 22.4 (as if it was pegged) analog gauge was upward of 35-40.....

EGT max that was saved randomly reset after this......

Unfortunately the performance shop I purchased it from (I will withhold the name now because I have had no problems with them until now, I want to see how he resolves this for me) will not take it back unless I take a 10% restock fee which I feel is BS because it was not working from the beginning. Also, when it was in service to replace a screen at SCT they said they would investigate and they did NOTHING.

Now the retailer I purchased it from keeps telling me that everyone else is having the same problems and the issue is on SCT. Has anyone had ANY resolution of these issues? This is garbage and very annoying to say the least, I would never purchase this garbage again.

I have heard of people having a problem here and there but not ALL the issues I am having...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to NavPaul For This Useful Post:
hoofdoctor (03-18-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On the sofa at the moment!
Posts: 133
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavPaul View Post
My exhaust back pressure is reading 47 psi with key on engine off, obviously when the engine is running it is way off...units are incorrect.

Units for boost are not correct, when I have it in PSI they are way off. Seems that when I put it in kPa they read what they should if it was in PSI.

My boost signal constantly maxes out causing me to have to keep resetting my max/mins.

Yesterday I did a part throttle pass, just got on it a bit, I saw my TS tell me that boost was 22.4 (as if it was pegged) analog gauge was upward of 35-40.....

EGT max that was saved randomly reset after this......

Unfortunately the performance shop I purchased it from (I will withhold the name now because I have had no problems with them until now, I want to see how he resolves this for me) will not take it back unless I take a 10% restock fee which I feel is BS because it was not working from the beginning. Also, when it was in service to replace a screen at SCT they said they would investigate and they did NOTHING.

Now the retailer I purchased it from keeps telling me that everyone else is having the same problems and the issue is on SCT. Has anyone had ANY resolution of these issues? This is garbage and very annoying to say the least, I would never purchase this garbage again.

I have heard of people having a problem here and there but not ALL the issues I am having...
Paul.......is this the 5015 model? I just ordered that system yesterday. If I have problems I sure hope my shop stands behind it! I'm not hearing a lot of negative chatter about the 5015???

Last edited by hoofdoctor; 03-18-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: upstate ny
Posts: 218
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the 5015 model works flawlessly just make sure you update it might fix it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes sir that is the one, make sure and ask them because I am very upset with my scenario. Had the shop told me as he claims now that SCT is having all of these issues then I would have never bought it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
YES, thanks for bringing it up, it is updated to the newest....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexfdmnb View Post
I have the 5015 model works flawlessly just make sure you update it might fix it
YES, thanks for bringing it up, it is updated to the newest....still having all of the issues. Now here is where the shop I bought it from is BSing me. He is saying that other people are having all of the same problems, he said if he took a new one off the shelf I would have all of the same issues, so you my friend just proved to me that he is being dishonest.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On the sofa at the moment!
Posts: 133
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavPaul View Post
Yes sir that is the one, make sure and ask them because I am very upset with my scenario. Had the shop told me as he claims now that SCT is having all of these issues then I would have never bought it.....
I sure will! I'll be talking with the shop today. If I get any updated info to pass along I will post it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofdoctor View Post
I sure will! I'll be talking with the shop today. If I get any updated info to pass along I will post it up.
Sounds great! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 417
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im running the livewire ts comp model. Zero flaws with mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just installed the live wire comp and also have the same issues... I'm very interested if you find a solution!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to sliverbullet For This Useful Post:
Smokin_KingRanch (05-12-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors