Flo-Pro Bung Plugs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 06:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flo-Pro Bung Plugs

Greetings!

I recently purchased a 5" Turbo-Back (4" Downpipe) exhaust for my 2008 6.4 Ford F250 6.4l Powerstroke and my exhaust came with Bungs welded on. I want to plug the Bungs, but I don't know *exactly* what I need to do this.

Someone told me "m18 x 1.5mm" bolts from Home Depot or Lowes...but before I start running to different stores I thought I'd ask you guys. I looked on Pepboys website and Advanced Auto Parts (the only 2 "Auto Parts Stores" near me) and I didn't see anything that looked correct. Perhaps I'd have better luck in-store?

Also, if I were to have the exhaust installed without the Bungs being plugged...would it be okay to drive the vehicle to said store to buy the bolts to plug the Bungs? Will it just sound a little funny, or will it be harmful to the vehicle? Worst-case I can try to find someone to run me up to the store, but I'm just wanting to know so I can go on my own.

*Any* info you guys can give would be VERY appreciated!

-Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I didnt do this on my superduty, but I used the brass plugs on my trail rig.

Lowes sells them and any raceshop should have em too.

You can drive it with the hole open.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy_GD For This Useful Post:
nine9six (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 AM

Okay, so at least if I need to drive to the store I can. That's a relief!

Thanks for the information! I'll swing by the store later this evening and give it a shot.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 AM

Just in case anyone searches for this on Google in the future, here is what Flo-Pro just sent me in regards to the sizes for the Flo-Pro SS638 5" Exhaust Kit (though I image it'd be the same sizes for ALL kits, since the sensors aren't changing in size?):

"Hi there, so in the first pipe #60811 you have one M12 x 1.25 fitting and in the second pipe #60858 you have two M12 x 1.25 and one M14 x 1.25 fittings. Your best option for finding correct bolts to plug these bungs is at a pipe store or bolt supply store, you may find what you need at your local hardware store but keep in mind these are pipe fittings so some hardware stores may not have exactly what you need."

Maybe it'll help someone one day.

Cheers!

Last edited by nine9six; 03-13-2014 at 06:54 AM. Reason: More Info - Kit #
Old 03-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i did this exact thing. couldnt find a single plug in that size. tried home eepot, lowes, fastenal, etc... i eventually got some quicksteel (jb weld) and filled in the holes. havent had a problem since. wish i did this from the beginning and saved myself time and trouble. good luck.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM

I just got off the phone with my dad and he wants me to swing by with the exhaust and weld the Bungs shut. He lives far enough away for me to try to find plugs locally, but close enough to justify driving there vs paying someone to weld it for me.

I have to swing by the auto parts store OTW home today, and I brought the 2 pipes with me that have Bungs. If they have plugs, cool. If not...I guess I'll just weld it.

I'll update this thread later tonight / tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like a solid plan.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
aFe 49-83022- Oxygen Sensor Bung Plug
I looked everywhere bout had no luck getting the 14x1.25 thread so got the afe kit works perfect
Old 03-14-2014, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the info.

I wound-up welding mine. The guys at the auto-parts store weren't really able to help with what they had in stock at the time.

I already had the old exhaust off the truck and was getting antsy...so my dad twisted my arm and we welded 'em shut.

Loaded the 210EL tune and WOW! My truck feels like it actually "breathes" now. So free-flowing.

Had a time getting everything together (pipes were a little bent and we needed to make a few cuts) but after all is said and done...well worth the aggravation.

Thanks to everyone who chimed-in. If this thread is of use to even a single person in the future then this thread was worth creating.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.