Manifolds - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Manifolds

Have my buddies 08 F450 under the knife yet again. This time its getting a fully built long block to go along with the host of other upgrades already done. He just called and asked if there are upgrades or something better for the manifolds than the current setup we have on there. It has the Elite 6.0 manifold swap with their up pipes. I see that there are a few options out there just trying to see if anyone has had good or bad luck with them. This truck will be running in the 800+ hp range so need something that flows very good. Do not care about saving a few bucks, just want the best performing and durable manifolds we can get.

Last edited by TJK15; 02-27-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are several options (MPD, RCD, BD) but 6.0 manifolds seem to work well. There are several trucks running that kind of HP that use 6.0 manifolds over on PSA. I would stick with 6.0 manifolds.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

would it be a benefit to switch to the RCD 6.0's
Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am not sure if you will notice a difference being that you already have 6.0 manifolds but they are a nice option and way better than the stock 6.4 manifolds. If they had been out when I switched manifolds I would have tried them. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

River City Diesel's manifolds are pretty sweet. 6.0 manifolds should be fine though.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Premium Member

Darkhorse also makes a nice set. I have never seen a manifold only swap for any of the ones mentioned above although I am sure good options. That being said, the 6.0 mannies have proved themselves on many trucks so I doubt swapping another exh manny would worth the extra coin.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My buddy always wants top of the line stuff and this is one of the rare occasions where money isn't really an object, as this truck is well over 100k so far (if you really want to know what don't work, we've found most everything). Talked to RCD yesterday and it sounds like a good deal just would like to know if anyone has had issues with the stainless vs cast. Just don't want to be pulling the cab off the truck for the 7th time to replace manifolds lol.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK15 View Post
My buddy always wants top of the line stuff and this is one of the rare occasions where money isn't really an object, as this truck is well over 100k so far (if you really want to know what don't work, we've found most everything). Talked to RCD yesterday and it sounds like a good deal just would like to know if anyone has had issues with the stainless vs cast. Just don't want to be pulling the cab off the truck for the 7th time to replace manifolds lol.
Did he talk to Jared at RCD? Not real long ago there was a thread on PSA about mannies and Jared mentioned an early set had warped. I can't remember the details but was thinking it was the log style. Not sure about the material. Also not sure if they still offer that one or if they changed it. Pretty sure he sad there aren't issues now though. I am sure Jared would clarify if there are any concerns since he was the one who posted it. I haven't been in the market for them for a long time so I haven't kept up on them.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Really hard to beat these, built on the proven 6.0 ltr design.

www.elitedieselengineering.com - BD60ExhaustManifolds

All these aftermarket manifolds choices and there are no hard figures to prove there is a gain in performance on any of them. The only ones that had some testing done were the Steed Speed manifolds & they actually didn't do what they were intended to do, not for lack of trying by the maker.

Have a set of 6.0 ltr manifolds ceramic coated with a thermal barrier & never look back.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

B585 I think I talked to Jared, don't remember but I did ask him if there were any problems with warping or cracking and he told me that there was not.
TD-5 the truck already has a set of the Elite 6.0 manifolds and up pipes on there. Was just looking for another option to see if there was an upgrade beyond them. We will not spend another penny with Elite, even after spending 15k plus with them, due to their customer service being the worst I've ever dealt with in the world. 3+months to get the 6.0 mani's and up pipes made, 3+ months to bend a few fuel lines to do a dual k16 pump setup when we were told both times that the sets were in stock. Only once have they been decent and it was when one of their dual k16 pulleys fell off and went through the radiator. They got us a replacement set quickly. Other than that its been nothing but nightmares trying to get parts out of them. Recommended a friend to them after they helped us out and they worked him over too....taking his money, promising a product is in stock, run around for 3+months. Sorry about the rant but hoping that no one else makes the same mistake with them like we did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.