MiniMaxx Install Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MiniMaxx Install Question

Ok I have my Mini Maxx, I have read the instructions, Pretty straight forward, I just want to make sure of everything before i install it.
What I was wondering was, I'm not ready to Delete anything just yet, So after i do the install of the (Mini Maxx) and lets say a couple of months down the road I do the Dpf & Egr Delete, Can i go back to the programmer and add this feature?
Also it said something about an update or download. should i do this before I install the Mini Maxx?
Thanks all I will continue to do a search for this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 AM

You can do your updates before or after you install it, but personally I'd update it first.

If you have a delete-capable tuner (older or race version), you can install it with all the stuff still on the truck and change it later. If you have a newer street tuner, you'll need MCC and custom tunes when you want to delete, but you can still do it later. It's actually recommended that you install the tuner with all the equipment present, then do your deletes and install an off-road tune.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 AM

OK thanks man that helps, Well it better be the race tuner, Thats what i paid for. And thats what i was told. So... I just updated it. And hopefully later this week i'll install it. I can't wait to get in in there so i can do my deletes. Ok that brings me to How will I know if its delete capable? will i get to a point on the install that asked me about deletes? How will i know if its a Race tuner? I had a local Performance place order it for me. I told them thats what i wanted But i'm looking at the box .. and it says STREET TUNER.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:20 AM

I've never installed a street tuner, but when I download a tune with my race tuner it asks if the DPF is present. I assume a street tuner wouldn't ask that.

I've heard that they don't have a different box for the race tuner, so hopefully that's what it is.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:38 PM

Some street tuners are unlocked. I've installed several from "street tuner" boxes
Old 01-29-2014, 08:50 AM

ok thanks, i was going to install it yesterday, but we are having a bit o winter weather down here. and my cattle and horses come first, so i'm hoping this afternoon i will be able to do it. i might just wait till i have a few hours to spare.

Yes i'm hoping its a race tuner too because i'll be a little POed if not that thing wasn't cheap. I did do the update, so i'm ready to go. What mount did yall use? i'm undecided which one i'll end up getting. i don't like the one it came with. but it will do for now

Later.... thanks
Old 02-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just a quick side note question. I just bought a truck with a race tuner on it. The SW version isn't the latest but I'm afraid that if I update it to the latest I will lose all the delete capabilities. The trucks is deleted already.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willymutt View Post
Just a quick side note question. I just bought a truck with a race tuner on it. The SW version isn't the latest but I'm afraid that if I update it to the latest I will lose all the delete capabilities. The trucks is deleted already.
I am curious about the same thing. I just did the dpf an egr delete and used an old mini maxx racer tune thats not updated.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willymutt View Post
If it's a race tuner now, it will always be a race tuner. The update won't change that.
tech180 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to B. Adams For This Useful Post:
tech180 (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Adams View Post
If it's a race tuner now, it will always be a race tuner. The update won't change that.
So we are safe to run the firmware update from H & S website then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.