Best tuner and where to get DPF delete pipe - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best tuner and where to get DPF delete pipe

Im getting my info together for deleting the DPF pipe and installing a tuner that's compatible with removing the pipe. Ive done some searching on the site.

Can someone recommend the best tuner out there right now that has the delete dpf tune and has power options.

Also, who has the dpf delete pipe. I found this one on Ebay for both the DPF and cat. I'll put the link in here so that you guys can comment on it. It looks good,but maybe there is a better alternative? TIA

eBay Motors: DPF/CAT Delete KIT 2008 Ford F250 F350 F450 Powerstroke (item 120313143204 end time Nov-01-08 21:53:43 PDT)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Spartan diesels 250 and 275 tunes are the way to go. Ill get back to you with the username of the guy with the dpf delete pipes.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
As far as 6.4 tuning goes. At this time Spartan is the best. Once SCT releases custom tuning for the 6.4 that may change. but cant say for sure
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Powerstroker67 Is his user name over on diesel garage.
He can get you a dpf/doc delete pipe in either 4" or 5" depending on the exhaust you want to run. It's a very nice product
Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
cbg, I have never heard of that particular performance shop. I know I don't have a 6.4L myself, but I would listen to what these guys who do have then tell you. I would be leary of that on Ebay. That is just my opinion.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just to clarify I dont own a 6.4l either but I work on several of them. Definitely go with spartan for the tuning and powersmoker67 or another reputable supplier for the doc/dpf delete pipe. I would stay away from the ebay shops. Stick with the vendors of the major forums and you will be taken care of.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapstroke View Post
Just to clarify I dont own a 6.4l either but I work on several of them. Definitely go with spartan for the tuning and powersmoker67 or another reputable supplier for the doc/dpf delete pipe. I would stay away from the ebay shops. Stick with the vendors of the major forums and you will be taken care of.
There is nothing wrong with Ebay. The DPF/CAT delete pipes on Ebay are POWERSTROKER67's. (NOT POWERSMOKER67^^) They are the absolute highest quality and there is no difference whether you buy on Ebay or from Powerstroker67 yourself. Do not bash vendors you do not know, take a look at the feedback and you know you will be taken care of as well.

Last edited by Rudy's diesel performance; 10-08-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
There is nothing wrong with Ebay. The DPF/CAT delete pipes on Ebay are POWERSTROKER67's. (NOT POWERSMOKER67^^) They are the absolute highest quality and there is no difference whether you buy on Ebay or from Powerstroker67 yourself. Do not bash vendors you do not know, take a look at the feedback and you know you will be taken care of as well.

I thought that might be the case Rudy, but wasnt sure. The pipe shown on that auction looks good. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the help so far guys. I posted on here because I knew I would get the latest info on these upgrades. Your experiences will help a newbie like me.

The truck is a f450, CC, 4x4 DRW. We use it for work only, towing 8-10k regularly. So far I love the truck. Would like it more if I could get another 1-2 mpg out of it. Do you think the DPF/Cat delete and proper tuner will help me out there? From what I read, it will. Anyone do this on a similar truck?

Ive looked at the Spartan tuner but not too much the SCT. Does the SCT require a drilling for a pyrometer sensor? The spartan site says it does.

thanks again guys

Last edited by cgb6810; 10-08-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
I thought that might be the case Rudy, but wasnt sure. The pipe shown on that auction looks good. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the help so far guys. I posted on here because I knew I would get the latest info on these upgrades. Your experiences will help a newbie like me.

The truck is a f450, CC, 4x4 DRW. We use it for work only, towing 8-10k regularly. So far I love the truck. Would like it more if I could get another 1-2 mpg out of it. Do you think the DPF/Cat delete and proper tuner will help me out there? From what I read, it will. Anyone do this on a similar truck?

Ive looked at the Spartan tuner but not too much the SCT. Does the SCT require a drilling for a pyrometer sensor? The spartan site says it does.

thanks again guys
You would be better off with the spartan as of right now but you will accomplish 1-2 more MPG, if not much more, with either one of them. Realistically gains should be in the 4-6 MPG range. The SCT does not REQUIRE the use of their EGT probe, it only helps in getting more accurate readings.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My bad. It is POWERSTROKER67 over at the garage and not powersmoker67. And Rudy who's bashing who? Vendors I don't know I have installed 5 of his delete pipes so far. I still stick strong support your local forum vendors before supporting others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.