DPF removal disaster - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DPF removal disaster

So tonight while doing the DPF and exhaust install we ran in to a snag. There are 4 sensors for the cat and dpf delete, 3 are those screw in things and the 4th has the rubber tube. Well the plastic piece from the bracket that goes in to one end of the rubber tube snapped. This bracket also has the electrical connector attached to it, i hope you guys know the part i am talking about, i will try and get a pic tomorrow. Anyway what would be the best way to order this part without going to the dealer as i am heading to NY and would like to have this when i get back so i can finish it asap.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1544 View Post
So tonight while doing the DPF and exhaust install we ran in to a snag. There are 4 sensors for the cat and dpf delete, 3 are those screw in things and the 4th has the rubber tube. Well the plastic piece from the bracket that goes in to one end of the rubber tube snapped. This bracket also has the electrical connector attached to it, i hope you guys know the part i am talking about, i will try and get a pic tomorrow. Anyway what would be the best way to order this part without going to the dealer as i am heading to NY and would like to have this when i get back so i can finish it asap.

Jonathan
Several people have broken that part including myself... I used super glue and it has held up fine for almost 4 months and counting. If I remember correctly, you do not want to start the truck without that electrical connection plugged in. With it plugged in it will run fine and with the delete tune tune it does not take any pressure readings so it is not needed in a sense other than that it has to be connected. I would like to order a replacement too, but not from my dealer and there is only one here. Someone has posted the part # and a schematic. I will see what I can dig up.

Last edited by BigIslandBoy; 09-28-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 AM

ok that is great thanks, i do not feel like such a moron now. everyone said how easy this dpf removal was, well i swear it is not that easy at all
Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 AM

Also does the cat / dpt delete pipe mount to anything as the OEM hangers are removed when you take of the cat and dpf or does it just wait until the exhaust hanger
Old 09-29-2008, 04:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The pipe does not mount to the hangers, just bolts up to the exhaust.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:14 AM

ok i am instaling a MBRP exhaust also. I just want to make this clear before i start the install.

The cat delete pipe does not have any hangers at all, and the MBRP exhaust eliminates a few of the hangers too.

So from when then Delete pipe is bolted on the next hanger is back at the rear axle where the MBRP bends to go to the tail pipe. Is that not a lot of weight for there to be no supports for that kind of span or am i missing something here.

Jonathan
Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Emergency Services

It will be fine and is only a fraction of the weight of the dpf and cat. Is your truck lifted? If not, your may have to jack up the rear or drop the the spare tire and heat shield to install the exhaust.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:57 AM

I actually removed the stock hangers from the truck, theres like 3 small 13mm nuts on the outside of the frame rail holding the hangers on.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:37 PM

I also had to order a new black box mine was broke before I did the full delete. My ford parts guy had to email ford to find out what the part# was b/c his computer didn't even show the part existed. We found the part only by going on the diesel techs computer which has different software which is stupid but we get the part number and we can't order it b/c the part# doesn't exist. so the last I heard from my friend that ford email him back and I got one coming.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Vinnie
I have an extra one that i could part with. the ford part number is 8c3z-9j460-b you can also get it in a motorcraft cheaper that part # is DPFE-9 (go figure). o ya the new sensor will come with the bracket and new hose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.