dpf delete pipes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dpf delete pipes

where's the best place to get dpf delete pipes ? Is it best to remove the dpf or the dpf and converter. does anybody know the cost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2008, 05:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do a Google search for DPF delete and you'll find lots of options.
From what I have seen, because I have personally been debating this for over a year, The cost far exceeds the outcome. If your looking for better MPG, your not going to gain much. Maybe 1 or 2 MPG.
If your looking for power, there are lots of less expensive ways, that are LEGAL. When you delete the DPF you will lose your warranty, and risk getting fined if the DOT catches you, and it actually costs more than a good tuner that keeps the DPF intact.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned

you can get alot better mpg than 1 to 2 mpg gain more like 5 to 6 mpg. get some ones opinion that has it done not someone who just reads about it. i just drive 2600 miles to cali and back and hand calculated the worst mpg i got was 16.2 pulling 7k unloaded i got 19.1 and this is in a 4wd one ton
Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

dpf delete

what system do you haveon your truck ?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is it just your dpf deleted or converter and dpf.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:47 AM

i just did mine about a month ago. the tuner from spartan is 1100. that's the tree tunes and the tuner. i bought my pipe from powerstroker67. search the members on here and you'll find him. he builds a pipe that is really good. it went right in with no troubles. it was 370 shipped.
he has all options you might want. you can use the stock back half or a 4 or 5 aftermarket. just let him know and he'll send it out.
as far as deleteing the cat, the pipe is the same cost but if you leave the cat in you'll need to replace the gasket between the cat and dpf which is another cost. when i checked it was 130 because the dealer only sold a kit tha had all the nuts and everything. i would go with the cat and dpf delete, it's easier and cheaper and you'll theoretically get better milage out of it. the only reason i would leave the cat in there is you might have a better chance at passing a visual inspection. i doubt you would though.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondog View Post
you can get alot better mpg than 1 to 2 mpg gain more like 5 to 6 mpg. get some ones opinion that has it done not someone who just reads about it. i just drive 2600 miles to cali and back and hand calculated the worst mpg i got was 16.2 pulling 7k unloaded i got 19.1 and this is in a 4wd one ton
My assesment wasn't based on "just reading about it". I have read posts on several blogs, and talked to several people who have done it, and the gain isn't significant. Your results that you have just described are not that great.
I get 13.5 around town and 17 to 18 on the open road with DPF intact.
I am still debating the issue for myself. I haven't ruled out the possibility of deleting the DPF, I just don't want to regret doing it. And if I can't gain enough MPG to make the switch pay for itself in a years time, I don't think it's worth it. $600 - $800 for the DPF removal system would take a significant improvement in MPG to be justified. I'm not yet convinced.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 AM

by the way i have seen better than 1 to 2 gain as well. i went to idaho without it and never saw netter than 16 on the freeway, i averaged 20.5 last trip. 2 weeks ago i went to san diego, last time without it i averaged 18 going and 16 coming home, with it i was at 23.5 going and around 21.5 coming home. that is at 70 mph. there are other tuners that give you power with the dpf, spartan has dpf friendly tunes as well but i disagree that you'll only see 1 or 2 in gains with the dpf. i don't know anything about the sct, which is the other dpf delete tuner, because i never have had one but i think they get about the same milage out of them. the majority od the cost of the spartan tuner is due to the dash daq. it is a good piece. in my opinion you get way more for the 1000 or so dollars. you can see the demo of the dash daq at drewtech.com.
the 1500 is well worth it in my opinion.

and yes his gains were significant, i used to get 9 miles to the gallon pulling 7000 lbs. thats a 6 to 7 gain. that tuner will pay for itself in a year at that rate

Last edited by DKR; 09-15-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valetcruiser View Post
and yes his gains were significant, i used to get 9 miles to the gallon pulling 7000 lbs. thats a 6 to 7 gain. that tuner will pay for itself in a year at that rate
That sounds great. I'm not in a hurry. I figure the longer I wait , the better this stuff will get.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

There is a huge diff in a 3/4 and a 1 ton. I have two brand new 08's one 3/4 and one 1ton. You must not be a highway driver or do road trips very much becuase going from 12mpg to 16mpg is a huge gain. I have the sct livewire system full 4'' turbo back exhaust. If i had to do it all over agin i would go with spartan not sct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.