Question about programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about programmers

I am looking at getting a programmer no other mods, but am wondering if ther is a programmer that can't be seen at the dealership if it goes in for warrenty work? I know you have to reset it back to stock and remove from the truck but have been told they will still know I used it.. Any in sight into this would be greatly appeciated.

Shawn

2008 F-350 CC SB SRW Job 1, Mini Maxx 250, AFE drop in, 4" DP back with muffler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

spartan is supposed to be undetectable

2008 Ford F-250/4x4/Crew Cab/Short Bed/King Ranch/All Options/Viper 5901 Alarm-Remote Start
Spartan 275 Tuned/AFE Stage II CAI/Spearco Intercooler/RCD Intercooler Pipe/DieselSite Intercooler Boot Kit
Powerstroker67's Downpipe/Cat/DPF Delete/MBRP DPF-Back Exhaust
2.5" Ready Lift/Bilstein 5100 Off-Road Shocks/20x9 XD Ambush Black/35x12.50R20 Toyo M/T
Sto-Rage Underseat Box/Transfer Flow 40G Fuel Tank & Toolbox Combo
post #3 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Don't know of any, but it does say in your warranty book that they can detect any programmer that has downloaded.

2008 F250 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew
5" Magnaflow straight pipe Exhaust w/6" tip
DPF/DOC Delete pipe by powerstroke67
SCT Livewire 9623OR
Airaid intake

Innovative Custom Tuning
Seige air horn

post #4 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 05:01 AM

Some programers say they leave no tracks I would call some of the copanies and check with them.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 AM
rXr
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hags View Post
I am looking at getting a programmer no other mods, but am wondering if ther is a programmer that can't be seen at the dealership if it goes in for warrenty work? I know you have to reset it back to stock and remove from the truck but have been told they will still know I used it.. Any in sight into this would be greatly appeciated.

Shawn
You could try this thing:

DPF-R

08 F250 CC LWB 4x4 PSD, 6 SPD-Manual, 3.73 LS
post #6 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I wanna go fast!

This is something Matt has posted in regards to that product....thanks matt for the info

"I'll just call this one like I see it. That thing is nothing but a hack.

It's disabling the DPF by triggering what's known as the anti-bounce counters. Essentially its just a protocol for network communication to take out the "glitches" in a signal. If you exceed the maximum counter; it will disable the circuit for a period of time. This "module" (if it even deserves this name) does nothing but trip the counter(s) and prevent the regeneration. With flash tuning (ours or others) the regeneration is disabled by turning the system off via a switch in the PCM actually put in place by Ford for testing purposes.

As far as it being undetectable...someone should have the dealer check the freeze-frame data after taking this device off

10 dollars worth of circuitry sold at $499.00; for no power gain and no calibration change to actually boost fuel mileage.

You'd be better off with ANY brand of flash programmer (ours or anyone else's) than this "device"."

2008 F-350 6.4L, KR 4X4, outfitted by South Texas Outfitters, its stock + Spartan and KEM
  • RIP: 95 F-350 Powerstroke, 4X4, 5 Spd, CC, LB, 4" on 35" BFG AT, DI 4 Bank, 4" pipe, DIY Tymar, Ranch Hands
  • SOLD: 2004.5 Cummins, 4X4, Billet DTT, FASS, TST, SMARTY, Flux, Helix, 2-CP3, 2 Turbos, 5" pipe. (893 on fuel )
  • 2007 Chevy 2500 Duramax, EFI by PBD, Suncoast.
PBD Diesel Performance
post #7 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Let's Run'em

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd.mcclure View Post
This is something Matt has posted in regards to that product....thanks matt for the info

It's disabling the DPF by triggering what's known as the anti-bounce counters. Essentially its just a protocol for network communication to take out the "glitches" in a signal. If you exceed the maximum counter; it will disable the circuit for a period of time. This "module" (if it even deserves this name) does nothing but trip the counter(s) and prevent the regeneration. With flash tuning (ours or others) the regeneration is disabled by turning the system off via a switch in the PCM actually put in place by Ford for testing purposes.

As far as it being undetectable...someone should have the dealer check the freeze-frame data after taking this device off

10 dollars worth of circuitry sold at $499.00; for no power gain and no calibration change to actually boost fuel mileage.

You'd be better off with ANY brand of flash programmer (ours or anyone else's) than this "device"."
Nice post....

-Julian
Facebook
4th 6.fo
post #8 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
rXr
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd.mcclure View Post

Egads! That doesn't sound very good.

08 F250 CC LWB 4x4 PSD, 6 SPD-Manual, 3.73 LS
post #9 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now back to the original post. I am hearing the Spartan cant be found at the dealer level. Ford big wigs may have a way to search for it but not at the dealer level. And Spartan has tuning that you can use without removing the DPF.

F250 reg cab short bed
post #10 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM

I have had mine in AFTER having it tuned with the Spartan tuner....they had no idea it had been tuned.

2008 F250 FX4 CC SB Black on Black STOCK and SLOW...Rolled over and TOTALED...

2008 White with Black interior FX4 CCSB
Black C6 Vette
As far as actual HP numbers I have no idea. It don't snap your neck but.....It feels good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode