Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Question about programmers

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  CobbsDieselPerformance 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting a programmer no other mods, but am wondering if ther is a programmer that can't be seen at the dealership if it goes in for warrenty work? I know you have to reset it back to stock and remove from the truck but have been told they will still know I used it.. Any in sight into this would be greatly appeciated.

Shawn

#2 ·
spartan is supposed to be undetectable

#3 ·
Don't know of any, but it does say in your warranty book that they can detect any programmer that has downloaded.

#4 ·
Some programers say they leave no tracks I would call some of the copanies and check with them.

#6 ·
This is something Matt has posted in regards to that product....thanks matt for the info

"I'll just call this one like I see it. That thing is nothing but a hack.

It's disabling the DPF by triggering what's known as the anti-bounce counters. Essentially its just a protocol for network communication to take out the "glitches" in a signal. If you exceed the maximum counter; it will disable the circuit for a period of time. This "module" (if it even deserves this name) does nothing but trip the counter(s) and prevent the regeneration. With flash tuning (ours or others) the regeneration is disabled by turning the system off via a switch in the PCM actually put in place by Ford for testing purposes.

As far as it being undetectable...someone should have the dealer check the freeze-frame data after taking this device off

10 dollars worth of circuitry sold at $499.00; for no power gain and no calibration change to actually boost fuel mileage.

You'd be better off with ANY brand of flash programmer (ours or anyone else's) than this "device"."

#9 ·
Now back to the original post. I am hearing the Spartan cant be found at the dealer level. Ford big wigs may have a way to search for it but not at the dealer level. And Spartan has tuning that you can use without removing the DPF.

#10 ·
I have had mine in AFTER having it tuned with the Spartan tuner....they had no idea it had been tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.