How to get hold of spart - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to get hold of spart

there has to be an easier way to do this.

I have tried for months now. I try not to call too often and do not leave rude messages at all. I simply say who i am and what i am interested in and leave my number and have not had a return call for months. Is there any other way to get hold of these guys.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Project Abused

They always called me back within a day or two.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 AM

i emailed them with some questions and asked them to call me back or email me back, donna called the next day and ended up buying one
Old 09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
maybe ur sending it to the wrong email address? or calling the wrong number? ask for a hardship discount. I would want something for being tooled around
Old 09-10-2008, 10:44 AM

I called today and got Matt on the 2nd ring.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:13 PM

I have never had a problem...most the time Matt answers, and if he dont I leave a message and he usually calls me back before the end of the day.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
I'd try a new number.

Check with someone who HAS gotten Matt (or Donna) and compare phone numbers.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 PM

did you look at the numbers on their website
Old 09-10-2008, 01:25 PM

i called the number on their site and i click the email link on their site so unless they are wrong then i am pretty sure i have the right stuff. Plus i get matts message on the voicemail when i call so i know it is him.

I have spoken to donna a couple times and everything was great, we talked about products and she even has my credit card info. It has never been billed though. But since then i have never had a returned phone call
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM

quote from spartan------------
Yes, we are certainly still in business.

This isn't the first time I've caught flak for "putting the 6.4L first". Let me put this in perspective for you guys.

I'm a business owner. I greatly enjoy my job and what we do, but it is still my main and only source of income to live my life. With that said- at the current moment, we are selling about 20 6.4L tuners to every 1 6.0 tuner. With those numbers it becomes not a "preference" or favoritism on which one gets taken care of first (as far as product development) but simply common sense.

I have not abandoned our 6.0 customers in any manner. We spent almost 2 weeks putting together the tunes and code to construct our online archive (which has been to the benefit of MANY people, not just our customers- the IP addresses that have downloaded them are more than interesting) to speed up our rather slow and backed-up waiting list for 6.0 SCT custom tuning. Does it take care of everyone's truck? Certainly not. We picked the most common and most compatible calibrations for each of the "strategy" series out there, which covers about 80% of all 2003-2007 6.0 engines. It isn't fully compatible with Excursions, manual transmissions, and some 4.88 geared trucks- simply because including full support for all of those would require about 4 times the amount of data that's available now. But overall, the archive really helped things along for those needing (or wanting to try for free) normal, "off the shelf" tunes from us in your Xcal/Livewire. Other stuff simply just has to be taken care of by hand, as normal.

I don't prioritize on NEW sales of 6.0 custom tuning for non-existing customers. It isn't because we don't care (or don't want the money) but I have my hands full enough taking care of the already existing ones. It's not fair to existing customers OR new customers for me to overextend myself further than what I've done already and provide slower and slower service as the problem expounds.

If you send us a request I can take care of quickly, and we are NOT backed up excessively taking care of existing customers we will get back to you right then. However, the chances of both of these conditionals occurring at the same time with our business right now isn't very good.

The god's honest truth of the matter is that at this point in the 6.0 game, anybody who claims one vendor is so far superior to everyone else really isn't with it. Our tunes aren't superior to Innovative's, or Dfuser's, or DPTuner's, or anyone elses and vise versa. All of the "battles" fought over "tuner superiority" are over +/- 5HP differences and slight changes in drivability and quite frankly it has become a bit silly. Flaws can be found in ANY vendors' tuning, including Ford themselves and these constant pissing matches have been nothing but a concentration-breaker in still working with the 6.0 SCT tuning. Noone else has owned up and and managed to speak the truth about the matter; so at this point I have no problem saying it on the record. There isn't going to be any "groundbreaking" changes in 6.0 SCT tuning at this point- the work is done and with minor tweaking aside, don't expect miracles from going to one vendor from another. The next big change in 6.0 tuning will come with FICM tuning, which is just now starting to become available- and ironically, it will (and is) available not only from us but a larger portion of the already mentioned vendors. So I suppose we can all start the pissing match over details once again

I know response time in getting the tunes out quickly is quite important to many people, and I won't deceive potential customers by pretending ours is faster (or even as fast) than some of our competition. This is exactly why we've chosen to put our available product out for free to the masses instead of pretending we can deliver super-fast service that we can't, for the sole sake of charging someone else's credit card. Some vendors don't (didn't) extend that courtesy.

For those that are still waiting- the only honest answer I can give you is that we don't throw email/voicemail tune requests in the trashcan just because we can't get to it at the time. I can't and won't promise an exact time when we will get back to you; I only promise that we don't ****can potential business and customers who need our service. It may be days or weeks before we get back to you; and a large portion of people will have already went somewhere else by that time. We know that. But you will get the courtesy of a response, and in the event you still want/need what was requested we will make time.

The entire premise behind my page-long rant is that we are going to take care of 2 things before all others- existing customers to whom we already have obligations to, and the newest developments and products that keep our business alive and healthy. If I go out of business due to mis-prioritizing our time and research or overstressing myself and our guys to the point where we have no desire to do the work, I won't be able to help anyone; the satisfied or unsatisfied. Vendors who don't understand this won't be in business long (do we need yet another wake-up call to prove this?), and customer's who cant understand (or at least respect it) won't care for the service I provide or the way I conduct my business.

this was posted on another site just on 9-8-08 at 1:11 am
just passing it on

Last edited by scotty2280; 09-10-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.