Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust probe ???s

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  travisH3 
#1 ·
So I've been looking for over an hour and I can't seem to find the answer to this question... I just ordered my delete pipe and tuner, what is the best thing to use when I go to remove the probes out of the stock exhaust? The best "spray" for the probes so I don't break them and can reuse the stock ones. Also, how long should I wait before I try to break the seal? It's a 2010 w/ 35k miles. Thanks for any advise!!

#2 ·
PB blaster works good and make sure you have a quality wrench if they feel locked up really tight. You can even apply heat if necessary. You don't want a cheap wrench that spreads and will round the head. What programmer are you using?

#6 ·
Tune it. Make sure it starts with no codes, don't drive it. Once you start it just shut it down and remove the exhaust. It's best to use a line wrench that way you can get on them with a 6 sided wrench and not strip out the head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.