What to get?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to get??

I have the phalanx and my tranny is starting to slip. It's been awhile since i've been on the site so I don't know what is new out there. I'm thinking about getting the suncoast, does anyone have one. I already have the dpf delete but I want it louder so what should I do? When i am park and rev it up aroung 2,000 rpms and let off the motor makes a weird noise and it kind of sounds like it is knocking but it has always done this. Does anybody know what that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

For the noise factor get rid of the Cat also if you havent already and get a bigger pipe like the MBRP 5 inch i have it and its loud. The engine problem does it do it when ur in drive or gear if it gets faster it might be the torque converter clutch like mine.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedoutF2 View Post
I have the phalanx and my tranny is starting to slip. It's been awhile since i've been on the site so I don't know what is new out there. I'm thinking about getting the suncoast, does anyone have one. I already have the dpf delete but I want it louder so what should I do? When i am park and rev it up aroung 2,000 rpms and let off the motor makes a weird noise and it kind of sounds like it is knocking but it has always done this. Does anybody know what that is?
What tune are you running? I am looking to buy a phalanx, but I tow a lot with it. Do you tow when it slips? The noise the motor is making sounds to be the turbo. I have noticed in videos of straight piped, or dpf delete truck vids there is a kind of a knocking sound when they let off. Someone told me it is because of the sequential turbos.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Suncoast all the way. Mine works great,built locally with Suncoast parts a converter. They have a very fair price on a drop in unit,extrenal filter kit and converter. Call Ron down there top notch company. They have that tranny down pat! That mod was almost as good as the big tuning from Spartan!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to smokeshow101
Give Brian a call at BTS i dunno if he is building thos yet but hes a awesome guy to deal with!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The only reason why it is slipping is because i run the 250 tune all the time and you just can't help gettin on it every once in a while. But it makes that noise in the motor in park also when i rev it up to around 2k rpms. I'm just worried that something is going to happen to the motor after I spend this money and I don't want that to happen. My brother has the new chevy straight piped and I'll tell you that it wistles more than a 6.0. It is awesome.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to Dusten
the noise is most likely turbo surge. i would call brian at bts for a tranny before anyone else built me 1. its odd that your tranny slips, yet the guys at spartan arent having issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.