Mini Maxx Installed.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mini Maxx Installed..

So, mini maxx race got installed today, I am stoked.. I do have a few questions though. .

EGTS - Where should it be, what is considered to be cautious and what is high?

ON the fly tunes, do the tunes take affect if I select them in the middle of a run?

Seems like a badass little unit, bought it used, I noticed there is a "Hot" tune, which I have avoided, if anyone can just give me the dos and donts of this, that would be awesome.

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykzeulb View Post
So, mini maxx race got installed today, I am stoked.. I do have a few questions though. .

EGTS - Where should it be, what is considered to be cautious and what is high?

ON the fly tunes, do the tunes take affect if I select them in the middle of a run?

Seems like a badass little unit, bought it used, I noticed there is a "Hot" tune, which I have avoided, if anyone can just give me the dos and donts of this, that would be awesome.

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

Egt's depend on flow/mods, WOT runs should be around 1300+\- but watch if increasing above 1500-1600 they say. You can set defuel levels in menu, there you can arrange all kind of setting like boost, ect, eot, trans temps ect. Everyone's different when it comes to this. Exhaust, turbo downpipe & cac should make quite a bit of difference in egt's once installed.

Shift on the fly, I do believe it changes under load but I'm not 100% sure due to being new myself to this world.

Hot tuning, be careful they say. Some run it w/no troubles ( until head studs) & others say differently. I've ran it just to try for a few weeks & it does seem to be a more responsive than mild tune. I'm currently looking into mcc & gearhead tunes just for more tuning capabilities. Check h&s's forum b/c there's great stuff there also. Hope this was useful & Happy Thanksgiving! Jayson
The Following User Says Thank You to StrokiNDieseL For This Useful Post:
Kingranch dave (11-28-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the help. I hid the programmer and had my dad drive it tuned last night...he was speechless! Hahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was also quite speechless once installed myself doing tranny relearn & that was on mild tuning. Just ordered mcc/gearhead tunes so we'll see how that goes. I really did all this for reliability & got ALL this too!!! Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.