Who has REMOTE START - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who has REMOTE START

Who has an alram with remote start, what kind do you have, and would you recommend it to another diesel ownwer? I would appreciate all feedback, good and bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 12:19 PM

they work great unless its really cold it has a 15 sec gloplug heat ctcle and then it turns the motor.
when its really cold ir doesnt work but we dont get many of thos here in sw tx
Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
PIPE HITTER

There are tons of good ones out there, the Viper 771xv was the one I used. You can tag the wait to start light, vs. a pre-set time to start, once the light goes out, the truck cranks. That model is not the only one with that feature, but IMHO, going with one that has that vs. a pre-timed start would be better.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the addon from the dealer at the moment, have a Code Alarm srt9000 in a box next to me waiting to go on the truck.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Super Duper Duty

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i have one on my truck not sure with the brand it came with it. my waits until the wait to start light goes out and if it doesnt start the first time it cranks again.i user it all the time
Old 08-08-2008, 12:29 PM

I have a dei python with remote start. I love it. now it seems weird when I drive my wifes car, I actually have to get in and turn the key to start it.... imagine that.. im getting lazy. Anyway I got it online for around $130 and it was easy to wire up just had to google "alarm wiring f250" theres stuff that tells you all the wire colors and exactly where to find them, they are all right under the steering column, the only one that was hard to get to was the wait to start light wire that goes to the alarm deisel timer. Its buried in a loom against the firewall behind the brake pedal. Its a very nice option, I highly recomend doing it.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja7928 View Post
I have a dei python with remote start. I love it. now it seems weird when I drive my wifes car, I actually have to get in and turn the key to start it.... imagine that.. im getting lazy. Anyway I got it online for around $130 and it was easy to wire up just had to google "alarm wiring f250" theres stuff that tells you all the wire colors and exactly where to find them, they are all right under the steering column, the only one that was hard to get to was the wait to start light wire that goes to the alarm deisel timer. Its buried in a loom against the firewall behind the brake pedal. Its a very nice option, I highly recomend doing it.
Python, is that the one with all the security options like the lil remote that tells you where the truck is and if it's running, even if a door is open and all that. Do any of these things have a turbo timer to let it run and shutoff at a certain EGT?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
Python, is that the one with all the security options like the lil remote that tells you where the truck is and if it's running, even if a door is open and all that. Do any of these things have a turbo timer to let it run and shutoff at a certain EGT?
No, the python was the cheap basic alarm with remote start. I didnt have any money for anything fancy... spent it all on beer
not sure about the turbo timer, but that would be a cool option to have built into an alarm.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Premium Member

I have the clifford 5150
Comes with the pager
Remote start
Turbo Timer
great alarm so far.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM

I just realized the beer drinking guys name is stump... thats funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.