OPTI-LUBE Oil Fortifier Results. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OPTI-LUBE Oil Fortifier Results.

Well I've waited for months for some kind of feed back about OPTI-LUBE Oil Fortifier and it seems no one has tried it so I was tired of waiting so I tried it myself.
Background info:

2010 F350 Dually 6.4L
28K miles (light towing) - Polo horses
Mainly light mods with running custom Tow tune with EGR off and DPF still on. (Yes DPF coming off during Thanksgivings)

Used as always Motorcraft 15w-40 and of course their oil filter as well.

Before:
Engine did knock in the engine area which is the rockers on the driver side. The knock occurs at start up and goes away when the engine warms up or on a very hot day towing heavy the knocking can be heard inside the cab with the radio off (hard to hear it so you have to focus for hear it)

I have bumper to bumper 100K mile warranty and have all maintenance pre-paid and done by Ford dealership.

I sent off for a blackstone report before changing the oil and will do the same after this change so we will see if there's a difference. I will post it to this thread.

I purchased a gallon of the fortifier and on the first change you suppose to use 24 oz and then 16oz for all the rest of the oil changes for our awesome trucks.. The appearance of the product seems more transparent than Motorcraft 15w-40 and pouring the product into the funnel was a lot faster so the product must have a thinner in viscosity. Of course I just using my eye no measuring instruments.
**Only added to motor oil**

Results:

Knock -
At startup no more knock, heavy tow no more knock. The engine does seems to run quieter and does sound better aka less diesel noise.

Performance -
I really can't tell, but of course I'm no pro, I can tell the speed difference between Polo ponies but not my truck. Mods I can tell a difference but I guess this didn't make that big of a difference. Maybe if I drove it more.

Gas Milesage -
Before I drove 200 miles (My normal route for Polo games) and the next week the same time and distance. Before my gas mileage was about 12.5 now it's 13.3 so there's an improvement and probably better but I can't say I drove the same.

Their comments about the product with mine added:
Reduced Wear
No true way to measure

Lower Operating Temperatures
Well coolant temp are the same but I do have to say oil temp do seem to stay cooler longer.

Improved Fuel Economy - Up To 15%
Well not for 6.4l but there does seem there some improvement.

Reduced Power Draw - Up To 12%
Well I can't tell that much but maybe 1% to 2% but I didn't use a dyno

Less Rust & Corrosion
Will never know unless the engine blows up.

Less Sludge & Varnish
No way to compare this unless you have two trucks to compare with lots of miles.

Less Oxidation For Extended Drain Intervals
This just makes my head hurt... I have the oil changed ever 5K miles no matter what even after I do DPF delete, going to Mobile 1 and adding BulletProofDiesel oil cooler and external oil filters. (Wasting money? You bet, much rather waste money on oil than replacing the engine down the road)

Added Protection Against Water Contamination
Okay no idea how it does that, I change my fuel filters every 10K and drain the water out of the fuel every month.

Adding the product to my other Fords and vehicles on their next oil changes as well.

2010 Ford Focus
2010 Lincoln MKT
2012 Bentley
So as you can see I'm taking some serious risk with my vehicles but I do believe it did make a difference.

Info Link:
Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Improver | Grease | Oil Fortifier

Do I sell it:
No

Do I own or work for the company:
Nope

Do I know anybody that works there:
Nope

Have friends associated with them:
Friends are nothing but leeches (Joke, if you knew me well you would get this)

Would I buy it again:
Yes

I'm about to switch to their XPD Diesel Fuel Improver in about 3 months as well for my 6.4l

If there's any other product you guys thought about using and if I haven't used it and think it would help I will gladly give it a try and do a write up.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Last edited by GSchretter; 11-07-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Subscribed

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

They had good reviews and test results. Just a bit pricey however.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Premium Member

Reset my lie-o-meter today and drove about 250 miles and my gas mileage is up from 13.2 before reset to 15.5.

Motor does run quieter so there's some improvement.

Last edited by GSchretter; 11-10-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

wont catch me pouring napha and chlorine into my oil!
http://opti-lube.com/downloads/MSDS/...ifier-MSDS.pdf

every couple years a new snake oil comes out with almost exactly the same ingredients. allways the same results...
yes chlorine is slick go pour bleach on your hand then rub your fingers together. just wait till it turns into hydracloric acid.
napha is a solvent, works great for breaking down sludge and varnish, oh and removing oil film...

a good synthetic oil is all you need, change at regular intervals.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:31 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus's 03 View Post
wont catch me pouring napha and chlorine into my oil!
http://opti-lube.com/downloads/MSDS/...ifier-MSDS.pdf

every couple years a new snake oil comes out with almost exactly the same ingredients. allways the same results...
yes chlorine is slick go pour bleach on your hand then rub your fingers together. just wait till it turns into hydracloric acid.
napha is a solvent, works great for breaking down sludge and varnish, oh and removing oil film...

a good synthetic oil is all you need, change at regular intervals.

Thanks I will bring this to their attention and see what they say!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.