Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mini Maxx Street or Race (I have it, but what did I get?)

9K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Vandegrift 
#1 ·
I go to H&S they only have a street. I order a race from Rudy's and paid the much more expensive price.

There is nothing on these units that say race or street. How do I know if I got the race unit?

I am guessing if you have the model that asks if you have the emissions systems yes or no, it is the race.

Thanks!! -Trav

#3 ·
Check the part number. My offroad came new in a street box; I almost flipped when I got it considering I payed 1200.

#5 ·
There is nothing on the unit at all, even in settings and info there is nothing. Nothing on the box and Rudy's invoice is not details, just says "Mini Maxx Tuner" yet it was the much more expensive price.

Has Stock, Tow, Street, Race and asked if I have emissions system installed.

Thanks guys!

#7 ·
if it asked about emissions then you have the "race" version

#6 ·
Street tuners do have off road tunes. There just locked in there. Just need the magical code

#8 · (Edited)
The box should have written on it, model 109003.

#9 ·
False, while the 109003 is a race tuner, that doesn't mean that his tuner has to be that model #. I will not go into details but the OP has no worries.

#15 ·
I would definitely not even call it poor marketing on H&S. I pm'd you about the tuner and I think that is kind of a low blow to H&S to say that. H&S actually has nothing to do with a lot of the dpf delete capability on a lot of tuners out there now since they no longer produce offroad tuners with the exception of international tuners. All the info you need is on the tuner there is no need for a box to come with it so instead of poor marketing it is poor researching on your part.

This thread is getting ridiculous

#16 ·
^^^^ agreed! seems like some can't even read the directions that comes w/unit, or utilize this forum...

#18 ·
Mine actually had a 8.5x11 printed computer paper stating it was an offroad tuner. Not sure if the seller of H&S put that in there.

#32 ·
I had the same question as the original post, since I just bought one about a week ago from Rudy's as well.
I was thinking that I got duped and was going to call and start asking a lot of questions, since the packaging was a generic box with no markings, there was no serial # or model # on the unit, and the reciept did not show a model # or a description of what was purchased.:eek:hnoes:

I decided to just try the install and find out, and behold it asked if I had the DPF/CAT delete, and I knew then and there I had the correct tuner.:)

I thought it would have been a little more decriptive on the packaging, but maybe they bought the tunes and put them on the SD cards, and the programmer unit is generic? I'm not 100% sure on that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.