Spartan 275 Questions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan 275 Questions?

New to the forum and this is my first post. I just put on my Spartan tuner, AFE stage 2 CAI, 4in dp and 5 inch out the back. I loaded the 275el and cant believe the difference. Night and day from the dpf on tunes. I have done the tranny relearn. Anyhow I am just curious what to set my parameter limits to. Im getting an alarm for high boost and ep. What is considered safe with the 275 tune? I saw around 50 psi of boost at one point, and around 80 psi ep. Seems pretty high to me. When the alarm goes of the truck falls on its face...defueling? If someone could chime in and give me some insight on which parameters I need to watch more so than others and what to set my limits to I would greatly appreciate it. Also full egr delete and traction bars are in the near future. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You will appreciate the trac bars, it's a world of difference with them installed. Set your boost at around 40 if you are not studded as you can pop head gaskets very easy with the 275, blew mine with the 250. when it falls on it's face normally defueling to protect your tranny, Most of the time if not pulling my 5th wheeel I run the 250. Also WELCOME to the forum!!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it was so easy to push head gaskets with the 275. I guess its all about your right foot. I was a little surprised to see that much boost and backpressure out of it though...time to start looking into getting it studded. Never ending with these trucks!!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM

As long as you're not heavy footed the 275 is a great gas mileage tune. Lots of guys run it with no issues.

From Spartans website :

Important DashDAQ Gauge Warnings

EGRTA – Pre Turbo EGT's High Limit - 2,000 High Warning - 1,600

EOT – Engine Oil Temp High Limit - 250 High Warning - 220

ECT – Engine Coolant Temp High Limit - 240 High Warning - 215

FRP – Fuel Rail Pressure High Limit - 30,000 psi High Warning - 27,500 psi

FRT – Fuel Rail Temp High Limit - 200 High Warning - 140

TFT – Transmission Fluid Temp High Limit - 240 High Warning - 215

MGP - Manifold Gauge Pressure (Boost) High Limit - 55 psi High Warning - 48 psi

EP - Exhaust Back Pressure (absolute) - Subtract barometric pressure from the number you see on the DashDAQ for this reading! High Limit - 80 psi High Warning - 75 psi

TCSLIP(RPM) - Torque Converter Slip - This only matters when the torque converter is locked. If the converter is unlocked, the reading will be extremely high. Therefore do not set an alarm for this!! High Limit - 200 RPM High Warning - 100 RPM

Jeff Dodd - Administrator jeff@spartandieseltech.com

Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 AM

You cant set defuel parameters on boost and etc with the Spartan that I have found.

The high limit it pretty much only useful for the analog gauge setup. What it does is tell the gauge where to read to. Hence you use 2000 for EGT's and Boost for instance 55-60.

It would be pretty pointless to have boost reading on the same gauge limit as egt's.

The warning though does tell you when you are at that point, but doesn't limit you to it

I am pretty sure there are no default defuels in the programming on the 275+ tunes on the Spartan either. But Jeff can clarify that
Old 09-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The 250 and 275 tunes have transmission safety parameters, but that is it for those tunes on safety parameters. The 300 and 310 tunes have no safety parameters built in.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys. I think ill stick with the 275 for now, and just keep a close eye on my gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.