Full EGR Delete.. Oil Stays amber? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Full EGR Delete.. Oil Stays amber?

It may be to soon to speak; I have about 200 miles on my oil change since the full EGR delete and now my oil stays amber. Prior to the delete it would turn black in 1 drive. It makes since to me why it is staying clean as the cylinders are not getting covered in soot and resulting to black oil but I did not think it would be that dramatic. I thought common rails always turned there oil black ( old cummins did at least.

Anyone notice this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My oil isn't much darker when it comes out than when it goes in. It isn't ever black. Once it ever turns black, it usually always will be black from then on due to left over oil in the block when changing mixing with the new oil
Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010KR350 View Post
It may be to soon to speak; I have about 200 miles on my oil change since the full EGR delete and now my oil stays amber. Prior to the delete it would turn black in 1 drive. It makes since to me why it is staying clean as the cylinders are not getting covered in soot and resulting to black oil but I did not think it would be that dramatic. I thought common rails always turned there oil black ( old cummins did at least.

Anyone notice this?
Is this true for anyone else. If so I'm thinking I need to do this sooner then I think. I would be a good reason to give to my wife to buy the kit.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combs19 View Post
Is this true for anyone else. If so I'm thinking I need to do this sooner then I think. I would be a good reason to give to my wife to buy the kit.
I forgot to state that I did my egr delete around 30k. I did my dpf and programmer around 1k miles. And my oil has always stayed clean looking, didn't change with the egr delete. I cant see how that would even make a difference in the oil color. The egrs only cycle coolant, and the soot that travels through them is burnt out in the cylinder. If enough amount of soot was able to get by and cause your oil to turn then you would have cylinder/ring problems and that wouldn't be your only side effect
Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 AM

I just know that is why it was black in a cummins because the rings pull the oil down the cyliner walls like a window cleaner and the oil is soot filled.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:06 AM

My truck has 34,000 miles on it now and has been tuned since 2,500 miles but no full egr delete yet and my oil is always black shortly after changing the oil. I also always change the oil every 5,000 miles and have run synthetic oil every time. I never beat on it and rarely pull a trailer even. I alway thought that the oil turning black was normal or at least it was in my last couple of diesel trucks. If I'm way off on this can someone please educate me? I hope nothing is wrong with my engine.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:09 AM

It turning black is normal
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM

No worries on black. This is my first diesel out of 4 that has ever been non-black for over 30 miles lol. This whole thread was to see if anyone else has seen this.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM

I have a full EGR delete, CCV mod and an FS-2500 bypass oil filter. And the dang oil is still black shortly after changing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.