6.0 Manifold - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Manifold

Hey guys I have a few questions about a few things lol. My cab will be coming off the ol 6.4 next month for studs, push rods, and oil cooler. Well while I was in there I was thinking of doing a down pipe, up pipe, 6.0 manifold and maybe exhaust manifolds. Now im lost one what to get and what to do. Im sure there are all sorts of threads on similar subjects but I do have a life and work way to damn much haha. Now for the questions

1. what is the plus of a 6.0 manifold?

2. can I actually use the one I have sitting at the house?

3.What is the plus of a 6.0 exhaust manifolds?

4. What is the best up pipe out there and what is the plus of it?

5. I have flo-pro exhaust do I have to use a flo-pro down pipe?

Thanks ya'll

Jeremiah
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Horsepower is like sex, once you get it you can't get enough of it

2008 6.4 with 200k and counting

5" FLO-PRO exhaust W/6" tip
AFE stage 2 CAI
Spartan tuner
PTP EGR Delete
coolant filter
CCV Mod
leveling kit
4in rear Blocks
20's W/35's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstroke_02 View Post
Hey guys I have a few questions about a few things lol. My cab will be coming off the ol 6.4 next month for studs, push rods, and oil cooler. Well while I was in there I was thinking of doing a down pipe, up pipe, 6.0 manifold and maybe exhaust manifolds. Now im lost one what to get and what to do. Im sure there are all sorts of threads on similar subjects but I do have a life and work way to damn much haha. Now for the questions

1. what is the plus of a 6.0 manifold? Better flow design and the 90 is built into the manifolds

2. can I actually use the one I have sitting at the house? yes

3.What is the plus of a 6.0 exhaust manifolds?

4. What is the best up pipe out there and what is the plus of it? You have to use 6.0 up pipes if you do the 6.0 manis
5. I have flo-pro exhaust do I have to use a flo-pro down pipe? No, you can use whatever. I would recommend a powerstroker67 downpipe. Rudy's carries them as well as Sean carries them himself at streetdieselperformance.com
Thanks ya'll

2010 CC/SB FX4 Lariat.. Tuned By Eric@IDP and Matt@Gearhead

Thinking about getting rid of the stock 6.7 turbo?
Check this out... and research before buying

post #3 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I thought the 6.0 flowed worse then the 6.4?? Which is why some guys are making the 6.4 manifold fit the 6.0
post #4 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The 6.0 manifolds outflow the 6.4 manifolds. There are pictures on the army showing the 6.4 manifold on the inside. It looks like it flows horribly. Also as woodboy stated the 90 is in the manifold and not the up pipe. Also the custom up pipes required for the 6.0 manifolds have heavy duty bellows. I am not sure if the up pipes will flow any more exhaust but you also can get rid of the egr crossover pipe.

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
h&s minimaxx, 5" flo pro, 4" down pipe, no limit cold air intake, dirty diesel EGR delete with intake elbow, 6.0 exhaust manifolds, custom up pipes, ported intake manifold, Apex 71mm LP turbo, Rudy's cold side pipe, diesel site coolant and transmission filter, diesel site intercooler boots, ccv mod, bilstein shocks, gogo dd solenoid, HID lights, Airdog II 165, PMF traction bars, PMF drag link, moshimoto aluminum radiator
post #5 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
I thought the 6.0 flowed worse then the 6.4?? Which is why some guys are making the 6.4 manifold fit the 6.0
Sorry just to clarify the 6.0 exhaust manifolds flow more than the 6.4 exhaust manifolds. The 6.4 intake manifold flows more than the 6.0 intake manifold. That is why the 6.4 intake manifold is being used on the 6.0. I hade Nate port my 6.4 intake manifold for me. Hope this clarifies

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
h&s minimaxx, 5" flo pro, 4" down pipe, no limit cold air intake, dirty diesel EGR delete with intake elbow, 6.0 exhaust manifolds, custom up pipes, ported intake manifold, Apex 71mm LP turbo, Rudy's cold side pipe, diesel site coolant and transmission filter, diesel site intercooler boots, ccv mod, bilstein shocks, gogo dd solenoid, HID lights, Airdog II 165, PMF traction bars, PMF drag link, moshimoto aluminum radiator
post #6 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok that's what I thought.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust system, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

What should I do to the manifolds before I install them?

Jeremiah

AFE stage 2 CAI
Spartan tuner
PTP EGR Delete
coolant filter
CCV Mod
leveling kit
4in rear Blocks
20's W/35's
post #8 of 10 Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Possibly ceramic coating. I am unsure if I will do ceramic coating on mine.

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
post #9 of 10 Old 09-24-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Okay guys I got some 6.0 manifolds for a whole whopping $50 haha. Now who builds the best up pipe? I have looked on elite and ruby's website and I am wonder if there is any where else to go?

Jeremiah

AFE stage 2 CAI
Spartan tuner
PTP EGR Delete
coolant filter
CCV Mod
leveling kit
4in rear Blocks
20's W/35's
post #10 of 10 Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Dark horse diesel

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode