Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Egr delete with no tuner

12K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  MathewJames 
#1 ·
Hey guys trading in my 6.4 and don't want to spend the time taking out the egr delete its not worth the time for the few hundred dollars it cost me. So my question is if i drive it to the dealer and take my tuner out there will the truck start again without the egr in it? Thanks for your help Im just trying to avoid going all the way back to stock.

#2 ·
It should start but it will go into limp mode.

#3 ·
So would be hard to trade it in, in limp mode might just have to bite the bullet and put everything back to stock?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
You probably get more money for your truck if you left it in because personally I wouldn't buy the truck with a CEL on unless I was positive all it needed was another tuner plus I'd be wondering what other improvement you took off the truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
Just so I understand, you want to drive to the dealer and then remove the tune? I'm assuming if you have the EGR removed, you likely have the DPF gone as well. Your biggest issue isn't going to be the CEL's from the EGR or limp, it's going to be from the DPF sensors all becoming active again.... and the truck will only start one time!

Stock tuning on a 6.4 with the EGR physically removed will start and throw CEL's, and eventually go into limp.

Stock tuning on a 6.4 with the DPF removed, the truck will only start one time, go into security mode, and NOT restart until the dpf has been replaced, all sensors have been plugged in, and the certain steps are taken to get the ECM unlocked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.